or Connect

Posts by kentuckyfriedgirl

[QUOTE=DesperateHousewife;14290854] My LO was high needs and had colic. He screamed 4-5 nights a week from 4pm to 10pm, like clockwork from the time he was four weeks old until he was almost 6 months old. QUOTE] Wow, 6 months!!! I thought I had it bad, my DD had very bad colic (it sounds a lot like yours) but she got a lot better at 12 weeks and then almost completely over it around 4 months. I had been told it would end at around 12-16 weeks, so my husband and I...
If your income depends on you working soon after the baby is born, and from your post I am guessing that it does, I would think about having a nanny (at least part-time) lined up for after the baby is born. Not to be too much of a downer but there is no way I could have worked and taken care of my baby by myself when she was a newborn (swing or no swing). I had a colicky baby and literally had to carry her all day long (she barely slept and just cried much of the day) -...
It is unlikely that any human has turned out to be good or bad, sad or happy, kind or mean because his or her mother occassionally used disposables, formula, a babysitter, etc. It definitely sounds like you might need to add a little bit of all of the above to your routine. Also, maybe stop reading about the food stuff for awhile, I am a little bit like you and tend to get very anxious about food for my DD. I find when I stop reading so much I can kind of relax...
Madimamacita, thanks for the link it was reassuring to know that I probably won't jeopardize my supply (there is no way I'm going under 1200 calories - I love food way too much!)
Thanks Sonja for your input, I'm going to sign up this weekend. Wish me luck!
I am 8 months postpartum and still 20 pounds over my prepregnancy weight : I am worried about dieting and losing my breast milk, however, I saw that weight watchers has a special plan for nursing mothers. I did weight watchers a few years ago to lose weight for my wedding and it worked really well - am wondering if any breastfeeding mothers have had experience with the weight watchers program while breastfeeding. Were you able to continue nursing even while losing...
I am 8 months postpartum and still 20 pounds over my prepregnancy weight :. I am worried about dieting and losing my breast milk, however, I saw that weight watchers has a special plan for nursing mothers. I did weight watchers a few years ago to lose weight for wedding and it worked really well - am wondering if any breastfeeding mothers have had experience with the weight watchers program while breastfeeding. Were you able to continue nursing even while losing weight?
Quote: Originally Posted by tiffani In the meantime, more phone calls and emails, sending cards and photos of the kids, etc. I think e-mail is such a blessing for those of us in difficult relationships with certain family members. For me, my mom and my sister - whose relationship has always been a bit of a roller coaster ride - e-mail has allowed us to keep in touch even when things are a bit tense. Right now my sister and I have been having...
I agree with one of the other posters, if a person doesn't think "fiery tragic accident" upon hearing the name "Zeppelin" its a good chance they will be thinking "big blimp." Either connotation is pretty unfortunate. I think a thin boy could get away with this name (and it would actually be quite cool), but I think it could be a very embarassing name for a girl or a chubby boy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifluffedthree I am usually strong voiced in the cloth side of the scale. But if I were traveling internationally I would probably choose a disposable with less chemical impact on baby than traditional disposables and go from there. Keeping in mind that many international sewage systems are not what we are accustom to here and most likely not a good fit for the concept. I would not want that bogging down a big trip. I...