or Connect

Posts by DelawareMom

Maybe not exactly the same, but whenever my kiddoes eat cinnamon, their poo gets kind of like this, gritty and hard to wipe off.
So this was her transition, that happened VERY gradually, with no clear plan, really. She and I shared a mattress on the floor, while DH slept in the guest room from the time she was one until we moved when she was 3. (We gently night-weaned at 2 and fully weaned at 2 1/2.) When we moved, she got her own room that we took A LOT of care making it really inviting for her. Painted it, special blanket from a beloved friend, etc. So she and I shared a queen bed for a couple...
Just wanted to chime in with another terrible sleeper at almost 16 months. My little guy is currently waking up more than a dozen times a night to nurse and wants to switch sides every. single. time. My back is killing me. Sigh... I take comfort, though, in the fact that his big sister was also like this at this age. She has been a fantastic sleeper since she was about 3 1/2. And she's almost 6. Not even a challenging bedtime. I strongly believe it is because she had all...
This our most recent photo. Simon is 10 months, 2 weeks and we're all doing great! He's a climber, so vigilance is key in our household. Big Sister starts kindergarten soon, so I'm looking forward to some one-on-one time with him. (As much as I'll miss her.) He loves eating (mama's milk and table food) and still wakes to nurse a bunch at night, I think because he's so busy during the day, he can't be bothered. He's a bit petite, at 18 lbs, but healthy and happy and such...
Oh my goodness, I am soooo relieved! My brain immediately shuts down when my 5yo DD starts with the "Hey Mom, pretend I'm your second baby and I just ate some apples but I don't really like apples and you want me to be a kitty and then you turn into a mean dog..." You get the idea. I have a hard time following the script and then she gets mad. No fun. We like to do lots of other stuff together, though. Cook, swim, go for long walks, read. Just no princess mermaid fairies,...
Hi All, My nipples have been sore lately, I think due to increased pumping during a long work week. This morning, my left nipple started bleeding while pumping. I've got a 10-hr work day coming up and I don't know what to do! The pain is pretty bad, but I could deal with it, I just don't want to get blood in the milk. Should I just grit my teeth and pump on that side and then dump the milk? (As much as I hate to. I have trouble keeping enough milk in the freezer as it...
I can totally relate. I have a challenging 5.5 yo DD and an 8 mo baby boy. The image of the three of you naked, crying on the bathroom floor had me close to tears myself. That could be me. Our YMCA saves me. I don't know if that's an option for you, but ours has childcare for up to two hours at a time (not that DS would ever let me be away that long.) Sometimes I go just to take a long, hot shower by myself. I had envisioned this year home with the baby and DD before she...
It has been easier for us, this second time. I struggled to keep enough milk in the freezer for my daughter, but a combination of experience, more committed daily pumping, and (I think) just a better supply, we've been much better off this time. I do eat oatmeal almost every day, take a lactation supplement and drink Mother's Milk Tea regularly, too, though. Good luck!
Hugs. It is hard. I wait tables 4 nights a week. That is such a great arrangement for us right now, because, like pp said, unless it is significant income, covering daycare is tricky. But, even then, it was (and still is) hard to be away from a baby. Good luck! I hope you find something that works out for your family.
We have a 5 yo DD and I'm still dealing with this with nursing our 8 month-old DS. Goodness I think of the leisurely hours I spent with her, just nursing quietly, holding her while she slept. Poor DS takes almost all naps in the Ergo, gets woken up All the time by my spirited girl. I'm wiping her butt while nursing, loading the dishwasher, pumping on the other side... you name it. I, too, fear he's getting short-changed a bit, but he's a growing, happy little guy who...