or Connect

Posts by DragonflyBlue

I'm a former city dweller turned country bumpkin. I was better prepared for an emergency in the city than I am out here in my no stoplight town. I do have a generator if we need it. I have a gas stove and a wood burning stove so I can cook and heat now where I couldn't before. We aren't on a septic system. My water is city water but we do have a well and a pump we can use if we needed to. I have quite a bit of food storage, eggs from the chickens, milk from the cows but...
I just love that a country bumpkin (not said with malice as I am one myself) cannot grasp major city living vs. unprecedented natural disaster.  Several of your "solutions" are downright deadly.  If you are as self sufficient as you claim to be,YOU should know more about the safety of the things you preach.    I'm taken aback by the smug arrogance displayed here.  Actually, I'm not sure which bothers me more, the smug arrogance or the downright lack of comprehension...
If he doesn't get up, he should be woken up. He's old enough to learn to be responsible for getting himself up and off to school. There is no reason, barring illness that he shouldn't be able to get up on time for school. 7:45 is not early for catching a bus to school. If he's too tired in the morning may e a parent should step in and get him to bed earlier. Part of raising our children to be responsible adults who can function in the real world is teaching them that if...
All of my kids have gone through the chuck stuff in the trash phase. I've lost more tv remotes that way! Drives me crazy! It's hot here. Over a 100 every day and looks like there's no end in sight. I cannot wait for winter! Today's agenda is laundry, cleaning and making ice cream for later. I have my niece and a granddaughter here and the twins. All are happily cleaning. Caleb loves to mop and clean the appliance fronts so he's on that. Niece asked if she could wash...
How are you doing today SB?
No need to feel like a twit. When you start a new building what is the most important step to take first? It's a firm foundation. You can't build on swampland or soft ground. You need a firm foundation for a building that will withstand storms. Your foundation needs support to build upon. Think of us not as cheerleaders but as your foundation/support. We will hold you up as you build. We will be your support. We will be there to lean on as you build your safety net for...
How are you this morning? I'm sure your anxiety and fears are toying with you. I'm here, imagine me standing next to you as you make the call. Imagine my arms giving you a gentle hug as you hang up the phone after the call is made. You can do this. I'm really proud of you for taking this first step. You are awesome!
I've not screen capped anything. Not once. I posted after I blew up here and was worried about getting banned. I asked for my words here, on that post to be sc'd. My own words. Nobody elses. There were no addresses posted. Not once. Nobody posted names other than names SB has up here. Your grammar is a give away to who you are. If memory serves, you were ran off that board because you were an ignorant dill hole. You posted horrid crap, got called on it and ran off with...
Hey inkster? How about you get things right? The vast majority of comments stated that ds1 was handsome and looked like a very loving sibling to the littles. Nobody said anything negative about him. Nobody! These vicious life wrecking folks? Paid for my son's headstone. Sent me a handmade blanket after he passed. Sent cards, flowers and gifts. How horrible of them! They've sent help to members in many ways. Monetary help, physical first person help, help with clothing...
Sounds like there are a lot of fun things going on at your place! I know you have a fear of doctors. How do you feel about the ob who helped you through your pregnancy with Jenna? Is he/she someone you have a bit of trust in? If so maybe you could go in and have a blood panel drawn. Check your thyroid, your progesterone levels and all that jazz? My body produces too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. I was fighting fatigue and the mental clarity you struggle...