or Connect

Posts by MayasMother

Hello! I'm looking for one or a group of single mothers who are intersted in creating a little eco-village in Montreal: living and working together. I'm a work-at-home mom right now and would love to rent a space with another mother where we could operate as a sustainable unite. Message me if you're interested! 
Are there any Montreal homeschooling families? We were in Waldorf and I finally bit the bullet and decided to homeschool- it's been a long time dream! I'd love to meet up with other families...
Hi everyone! We live in Montreal, 2 blocks from the French Waldorf school (Ecole Rudolf Steiner) and are moving five blocks away! We're putting the world out to Waldorf families who may be looking to live closer to the school (very helpful in the winter). It's a 4bd/1bath in great condition. The school is awesome! Do any of you go?
I was the only black girl in my class (and city, it seemed) very often. It's made me seek diversity...which is why we moved to Montreal! I know it's difficult but he'll be OK.
So normal. He'll get over this. It isn't a race issue, it's a "I want to be like someone else" issue. If it wasn't this, it'd be that he wants a kid's retainer, or he wants to talk like another kid. We often make these issues race related because of our own hang ups. I'm an African American mom with biracial children and I've noticed how I project my own issues on to little things. Yes, Anglo featured are hyped as "favored" in the mainstream media but that isn't always...
I chose to not dry it out and to use it fresh and frozen in smoothies. I rinsed it and removed the outer membranes. Then I cut the placenta into chunks and placed into ziploc freezer bags (4-5 pieces a bag). I'm using one piece a day in a smoothie using my Magic Bullet. : I use milk, sorbet/yogurt, strawberries, frozen banana and bit of honeycomb. I don't taste anything difference. Placenta isn't like raw steak at all. Good luck!
Thank you for all of the sweet comments! I wrote this the morning of, but the actual date was Sept 10th, Thursday. My hips and lower back hurt but other than that I'm feeling great. I took the advice of a friend and washed/prepped my placenta. I cut it into very small pieces and put them in many small bags with about 4 pieces per bag. For the last two days I've put one piece in a fruit smoothie- there is no weird taste at all! : I made a strawberry, milk, blueberry,...
Baby Tali, my second girl, was born this morning at 8 AM after about three hours of labor. : I woke up at 4:14 with what felt like menstrual craps and decided to take a warm bath with some tea tree oil. I love the smell of tea tree oil, especially while pregnant so it was like heaven. The cramps turned into small, regular waves of tightness. I got out within 30 minutes, woke up my husband and he began timing. 4-5 min apart. The rest was a blur. The tightness continued....
Hello, I just moved to Montreal and am looking for some UC buddies. Please PM or email me if you're in the area! :