or Connect

Posts by NewMom0208

Thank you Rubelin.   The sleep, I know, but I have tried everything with the exception of drugs (which I wouldn't) If he goes to sleep at 8, he will get up at 5 am the latest, on his own. I even had a therapist come over and she basically told me that there would be more peace in my household if I accepted 10 pm is his sleep time, instead of the night wars from 7 to 10...My mom says I was the same way at his age...And there are not even naps!   I think the lunch today...
Hello,    A lot is going on, including me being unemployed for about 3 months and, well, I worry. I worry myself to the point of freezing. I am doing meditation and breathing and going for walks which all helps. Affirmations too   During the week when my son goes to school in the mornings I do well   But when I am with my son over my weekend, it is tough. I am doing some computer work and I have gotten other gigs for money. He hates if I am at the computer or at...
Hello,    I think my brain is fried so I haven't been able to come up with a solution. My 5 year old has mild autism, so his speech is around 2.5 to 3 years old.   He likes physical play; chase, tickle, restle, play ball.   When we are out and about, it is fine, he is not watching cartoons (unless we go to the bank, he is allowed to watch on the iPad while I do what I need to do)   But when we are at home he gravitates to watching DVDs on the TV (I...
Question:other than with example, how can I guide my 4 year old to be more compassionate, he has in more of one occasion laugh loudly when another kid gets caught doing something wrong or if another kid is asked to return a toy to him. I didn't know what to do other than sit him down and tell him "that is not nice" ... Regular moms tell me "that's normal " or " he is a boy" I don't feel that way He also likes to step on bugs...I explained they are alive and that they...
Thank you mommas My ds is 4 I have to admit I like it that he now asks for chicken, but hate the way it happened. And I think I will softly try to get my ex to understand Lorena, I too have trouble with my relationship with foods. I had to rebuild and create new habits, I will not force him, it is not my thing....
Hi! An update, I decided not pursuing the masters Full time job, small kiddo on ese, not realistic to expect help, and such a demanding program.. Plus I talked to the local universities and financial aid is very limited, I will for sure need to complement with personal loan. I know I am meant to do something on the wellbeing area, but it won't be thorugh a masters. So, I keep exploring!
Hi Tia! I'm not in a relationship, but I have been in two short ones after my divorce and I have learned a couple of things. I'm with you, I don't enjoy dating for the sake of dating, I tried it. Not my thing. I go on dates with guys who are good potential for a relationship. I am clear from the beginning and it turns out, many guys do feel the same way. I have male friends in the same situation too. My marriage was not a good relationship. I had to set my ego aside...
Hi, I don't believe on forcing children to eat, especially because in my case I was and it is very possible it was a factor for the anoxeria I suffered on my 20's I was never diagnosed, but noe i know I had it. With that said, when my son started to only eat 4-5 items, refusing to eat anything else and opting to go without eating for 2-3 meals at a time, I decided to be a little more sterner and it paid off almost instantly Instead of putting down food and leave it up...
Thank you Cyllia
Hi, - post edited by the poster - Thank you