or Connect

Posts by slave2myprincess

Ladies, I've made up my mind. Hubby & I went to look at the walmart pools that i listed in my second post & they were inflated on the display case. They look too big. So i will use my midwife trough or buy the aquarium pool from one of the home-birth supply sites. The only reason I didn't want to use the trough is that I didn't feel it would be that comfortable.  Amazon didn't have the fishy  pool for awhile. And now they do & its' 69.99. That  is way more than what the...
Are you talking about this pool .....   http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Sunshine-80-x-22-Round-Family-Inflatable-Swimming-Pool/19336115   http://www.walmart.com/ip/80-Round-Inflatable-Pool/15573809   I found those last night. And i was thinking if i wait until late August/early September I probably could get them for cheap. If they are still around lol. The pool i had before is gone . I believed we tossed it because it got damaged while we were moving. My midwife trough is...
I'm doing this hb on a budget. So as i was looking for a birthing pool, I couldn't believe how pricey they were. I guess i lucked up with my son's birth back in 2008 because i purchased an aquarium kiddie pool from target for $5.98 (in late August my DS was due in December) . Unfortunately my labor went so fast i didn't get in it (even tho it was ready) lol. But my children did use the pool the  following summer. I don't want to spend more than $30 on a birthing pool. My...
She wasn't too pushy, I felt like there was genuine concern there. My last birth was really fast so she wants me to call as soon as I know I'm in labor. When i read about the possible issues that could come up, I realize that i don't feel like I would be capable of handling it alone. So I won't plan for a UC.
Thanks for replying. You are right on the money. My midwife didn't feel comfortable with that. She wanted to still do her mandatory checks & what not. I understood. Then she jokingly said " make sue you call me when you think your in active labor" lol.  
Hi. Hubby & i are expecting our 3rd baby. We are planning a homebirth with a midwife. My baby is due is October. i feel confident that i would be able to do this on my own. I know dh doesn't feel comfortable with that. I wanted to do an UC with my last birth but i just wasn't as confident as i am now. I'm going to have my first prenatal appointment with my hb midwife tomorrow. I'm wondering if there is someway I could just have the midwife come to check out the baby &...
I just wanted to update everyone..... My hubby is on board for the HB !! We talked it out  that night & it was my attitude that made him turn around lol. Its not too many things that we debate each other on & i normally compromise. So me being that upset & about to continue with the process " with or without him" made him understand how much i wanted this ! We are pinching & saving. I meet with my local midwife next week the day before my first prenatal visit.
My dh & I are currently expecting our 3rd in October. I automatically knew we were having a homebirth since we had such a beautiful experience in 2008. Since we have Kaiser out here, I knew we were looking at paying out of pocket. The average price out here is $2800. And i knew dh would have an issue with that. I was so determined that i found an full-time job outside of the home.I'll be bringing in $1000.00 after taxes but IMO its enough to contribute to the household &...
I don't mean to highjack your thread but i'm in the process of setting up my consultations with 2 cpm's practicing in GA. The price is $2800..thats brutal but I'm determined to make it work. GL with everything !!!
Angela, congrats on your pregnancy. I am in the same boat as you. I'm due late October & looking for a HB Midwife and i was very curious on the price. My last HB in Western Pa my insurance paid for it (it was prorated because i didn't switch care over until i was 28 weeks). This time i will have to pay out of pocket. GL !!!