or Connect

Posts by ElaynesMom

Sometimes with a younger child the shoulder belt can fit a bit better in a highback booster vs a backless booster, and although there are no standards for side impact protection, IMO it stands to reason that a highback booster with headwings/side wings and added eps foam will provide more protection than not having a back at all. To me this is important for younger/smaller children. All vehicle passengers should also have support to the top of their ears (adults get this...
I wouldn't put a 6 year old in a backless booster for everyday use personally. If your son's head is above the top of the turbo booster's back you might need to move the headrest higher. If you do adjust the headrest to a higher level you should ensure that the seatbelt fits him as outlined here:   http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/child-boosters   If you posted this in the family safety section you'd probably get some good answers.       -Kassandra
Joining this thread as my husband and I talked tonight and we are 90% on trying for a third starting feb/mar/apr 2014. We just bought our first house, and we need to do some more work on the house, and I need to resolve a few (thankfully not too serious) health and dental issues. We'd also like to have a better idea of what our budget will be like as we are a single income family who's expenses have just gone up significantly since we are no longer renting an apartment but...
We live about an hour from Canada's Wonderland and currently go once per summer, but my dd1 is just turning 6 this summer, and my dd2 is only 16 months. Over the past couple of years more and more family has started coming with us (grandparents, cousins, siblings) and it's really fun. When I was a kid we had seasons passes most years, and we will likely do the same in the next couple of years as my kids can start actually going on more rides.
I gave my midwife a thank you card with a picture of the baby, and a box of fancy chocolates from a local chocolate shop to share among everyone in the office during my last postpartum visit. It's not very creative, but I was still feeling pretty frazzled, and didn't have tons of extra cash.
Ok, just thought I would throw it out there as I don't really think of it as plastic so much as coated fabric. I was unclear if you meant plastic as in a vinyl shower curtain or drop sheet, or anything synthetic. Also, the fabric chux pads usually have a waterproof layer like PUL, that's how they are waterproof. If you don't want anything synthetic wool is probably your only option.
For my homebirth I covered my bed with one of these mattress protectors from Ikea, they are made of PUL, like many diaper covers, and it was not slippery as the top has a terry cloth feel. It goes on just like a fitted sheet. I had a regular fitted sheet on my bed, then the mattress protector on top, then another old fitted sheet on top of the mattress protector so clean up was easy.   http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70152783/#/50152779     Also, my...
Well, I'm Canadian, and the fudge recipe I use does not include marshmallows or fluff, but my family seems to like it, and it's very easy to make. I mix it all up in a pot on the stove over low-med/low heat as I don't have a microwave:   http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fudge/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=fudge&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page   I also like to line the pan with foil or wax paper to make it easier to lift out the fudge for slicing...
I'm in Canada, so it seems as though it is different up here, but after my homebirth I had my dd2's hearing screened at my midwives office when she was I think 2 weeks old, at one of our regular visits. My midwife had a small handheld machine that had a small earpiece attached. She just had me hold my baby still and placed the earpiece in the left ear and tested, then the same for the right. I imagine most midwives in Ontario do it this way as they are regulated and paid...
With gauze I'd make it a little wider than a regular woven wrap like didymos, it will likely feel a bit more cushy on your shoulders.