or Connect

Posts by Rose-Roget

OP here - I'm not on the computer often these days, so I'm sorry it's been so long.     I did try caffeine with mixed results.  He responded *very* well to it for a while.  I crushed 1/2 a caffeine pill into juice in the mornings, and it had extended effects (all medication has intense effects for him), so he never "crashed" during the day.  It lasted all day, and he started falling asleep more easily at night.  Dh and I noticed a lot of little things that were just...
My son is 7 and has ADHD.  At this time, we are still choosing not to medicate.  This is a huge source of contention between myself and my parents.  I have read and watched about over-medicating and the dangers that may come with medicating, as well as how the interrelationship between the drug companies and the medical community, but the problem is that I don't have the references for some of this.  Anyone have some good articles on-hand from as reputable sources as...
The "binder" certainly is more affordable. Have you tried them? Are they hot? I like the SPIO shirts too, if they have ds's size on sale. . Thanks for these tips! Glad to know something exists along these lines.
Ds is 7, SPD, ADHD, and possible AS.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of a compression shirt that is soft enough and cool enough to be used as an undershirt?  I find a lot of the Under Armour type shirts to be too heavy to be layered, especially with a hot summer ahead, and it's not really his "style" of shirt for an only.    I know this sounds crazy, but actually, the idea of a really lightweight "girdle" just around the middle would help him feel and engage his core,...
Cylly - Do you know if this is true for ADHD as well?  I guess I'll find out if I try it. :)     Jill
I double-posted this in Health and Healing.     Ds (7) had ADHD.  I do not want to put him on pharmaceutical medications at this point - he is extremely sensitive to medications and their side effects.   I know that caffeine is also a drug, and I know that too much is a bad thing...but I see its side effects, when used minimally or moderately for most people most of the time, to be pretty gentle.  I experimented a little this week and tried a little with some...
Ds (7) had ADHD.  I do not want to put him on pharmaceutical medications at this point - he is extremely sensitive to medications and their side effects.   I know that caffeine is also a drug, and I know that too much is a bad thing...but I see its side effects, when used minimally or moderately for most people most of the time, to be pretty gentle.  I experimented a little this week and tried a little with some positive effects for ds.  Am I deluded to think that...
Someone asked me if the effects could be gradual, such that we could see some changes earlier.  Our plan is to do 6 months, so far it's only been one.  I haven't seen any behavioral changes, but we can keep at it if the constipation isn't a signal that things aren't working.
Not sure if this is where I should post - please move, if necessary.   Ds (7) has Sensory Processing Disorder and ADHD.  I also suspect Asperger's or PDD-NOS, but those have not been dx'd.  Mostly for him, our family decided to try going g-f, to see if it affected some changes in his behavior.  I've heard that it can take several months to really know whether there are benefits.   Ds has always suffered from some amount of constipation, although it got a little...
Thank you CKramerVA!  Ds has been taking the ADD-Care for several months now.  While nothing is "dramatic," dh and I do believe that it's been helpful.  I also supplement with low doses of a few vitamins and minerals.   I recently contacted a Naturopath/Homeopath (she calls herself a Naturopath, but she works only with homeopathic medicine), and we have an appointment with her in a few weeks.  I'm hoping that having something more tailored for *him* will be even more...