or Connect

Posts by Rose-Roget

This is how I feel too, as long as it's not redundant.  I've had a referral from one person in the area, although her dh is ASD and gifted, and the clinic seems to specialize in ASDs.  But gifted and adhd are probably often seen there, so she should be able to tease out the differences.  Nowhere else around seems to have good experience with gifted or 2E kids.  Otherwise, I may need to go to CO for testing, and I'm just not up for that at this point.   Evidently,...
I want to get a weighted blanket for ds.  I am wondering if anyone knows whether it would work to put one in a duvet cover. This way, I could get a generic pattern and change the cover depending on his interests.  My concern is that it would just all bunch on one side of the cover, rather than laying flat.  TIA
  Ds is 7, in 2nd grade.  He has SPD and is at least very intelligent (possibly gifted).  He has difficulties with attention and impulsivity, and he comes out high on an ADHD checklist, although I'm not sure that's the all that's going on.  We're questioning gifted + SPD and/or ADHD, just gifted with OE's, or PDD-NOS. We have signed paperwork for a school evaluation, although they will likely not find anything to verify him for services without an outside diagnosis....
 Ds is 7, in 2nd grade.  He has SPD and is very intelligent.  He has difficulties with attention and impulsivity, and he comes out high on an ADHD checklist, although I'm not sure that's the all that's going on.  We've questioned gifted + SPD and/or ADHD, or PDD-NOS. We have signed paperwork for a school evaluation, although they will likely not find anything to verify him for services without an outside diagnosis.     I was planning to take him to a developmental...
I don't know Kumon or Enopi math programs, but it sounds very different from Montessori.  I came across Right Start math, which seems to be a nice bridge.  I haven't followed the whole program, which is very manipulatives based, but I like the abacus they have.  Montessori gives a much more concrete representation of the larger number concepts (she can hold, touch, feel 100's squares or 1000's cubes), but the abacus helps with the understanding of carrying, borrowing,...
That's the weird thing.  They know his issues, they've seen meltdowns, and they know his triggers.  We talk about these things on a regular basis.  Of course, despite my urgings for no screen time for years, they've ignored me - regardless of the fact that he has had multiple meltdowns over there related to screen time.  Finally, last night, my mom said, "That's it.  Never again will he have the privilege of screen time over here.  Ever.  That was out of control."  Yes,...
Ds is 7.  He has SPD, likely ADHD and/or PDD-NOS.  Emotional regulation has always been an issue for him, and we have worked on managing meltdowns for years.  Usually, there is an upset, disappointment, or transition trigger.  I have always said that screen time is extremely bad for him and stimulates things in his brain that make it very hard to tear away.  Thus, screen time is also a trigger and he gets very little.   Today, he had a fabulous day at school. Phew. ...
I've seen Bright Spark advertised, also.  I'll have to look into that - they list the ingredients.  What I liked about the ADD-Care was that they offered some hard-data comparisons of their product (granted, not very many, but more than most can show). The owner of the natural supplement store near me said he wouldn't think twice about it if it's truly homeopathic, but  I still don't know how I feel about the lack of listed ingredients.  I didn't think of an allergic...
I'm not super-familiar with homeopathy, and the differences between homeopathy and herbs, but I've read some.  My 7 year old has ADHD, and I'm not interested in medical pharmaceuticals at this time (he has significant reactions to medication, and I'd prefer something with fewer side effects).   There is a "natural" treatment called ADD-Care that sounds interesting.  It includes an amino acid supplements that we already use, one that we don't, and a proprietary blend of...
My son is 7, has Sensory Processing Disorder, and may have ADHD.  Even though he is very intelligent, he's having a hard time at school due to movement, focus, and impulsivity.  I came across Dr. Amen online, and another site that sells ADD-care, using Dr. Amen's SPECT scans to support their findings.  http://www.amenclinics.com/clinics/information/ways-we-can-help/adhd-add/   http://www.add-care.com/faq/   My son is extremely sensitive to medical...