or Connect

Posts by bluegrassgirl

You need to get your cat on a different food, like Natural Balance or Felidae. I have been feeding my cat Natural Balance and according to the package, it says it helps with hairballs. Royal Canin also makes a hairball formula dry food, as well as one for certain breeds like Persian and Siamese and indoor cats. Plus, hairball remedy gel and brushing your cat out everyday is the way to go. I use either Petromalt or Gimborn Grass Gel with my cat. There's also another...
I second the Feline Pine litter. Its the only one I use now.
Though its not natural, another flea medicine on the market that few people know about is a pill (or liquid form) called Program, that you give a cat once a month. This flea medicine used to be popular before Frontline and Advantage came on the market. It basically makes it to where the adult fleas eggs can't hatch, eventually breaking the flea life cycle (though the company recommends using a product temporarily to kill adult fleas if there are lots on your animal)....
There is a powder called For-Bid that you can get at the pet store that you sprinkle a packet into the dogs canned food. After the dog ingests this powder, it will cause the stools to become nasty tasting. According to a description I read in a pet catalog about it, this powder will stop stool eating sometimes in one treatment. You can also get this powder through www.upco.com and www.jefferspet.com Jessie
Quote: Originally Posted by Hopefulmama We got 2 kittens from a lady who found them on her porch. I checked them over carefully for fleas before taking them home-didn't see any. My guess is that she bathed them right before we got them. They were inside with us for 2 weeks. Now they are outside. We've started noticing fleas in our house now. Since then, we've found them on the kitties, have been combing them and treating them with stuff from the health...
Zoloft is approved for anxiety/panic disorders, and several people have found better results with it than some of the other medications used for anxiety such as Paxil, Prozac and Remeron. Plus, the side effects are less severe. I have used Zoloft for about 3 years for depression and social anxiety disorder and found that it worked better than Paxil and didn't make me as drowsy or nauseated. Also, some people on Paxil experience excessive talking, but when they are...
Do any of you mom's know of some seizure medicines that are in liquid form that don't cause really bad sleepiness? Now, this isn't for my kid, but for me. I have partial seizures and was on Tegretol XR before I had my large intestine removed. Now, I can't have any extended release pills. My neuro put me on Tegretol Suspension and it works good, but makes me exhaused 1 hour after taking it and I feel tired all day long. Heck, 2 weeks ago, I fell asleep during my...
I am on long-term antibiotic therapy for frequent kidney infections, and I have taken Bach Rescue Remedy without any problems with it interfering with the medicine (or any of my other medicines). Jessie
I like the following books: Herbal Healing for Women Homeopathic Medicine at Home Secrets of Bach Flower Remedies The Alternative Medicine Handbook All of these can be bought new and used on Amazon.com (its way cheaper to get the used books, which are in good condition). Jessie (single mommy to Angela, 3 years: and Emma, our angel in heaven) ::::selective vax: We are a pro-breastfeeding family!:::
Heck, no one will probably see his penis except mommy and daddy until he's in middle or high school, and that's only if their school has students shower after gym class. Besides, I agree with everyone else, ALL kids get teased for something, and if your friend's son is not circumcised, he probably won't give a care about looking any different by the time he's older because he'll be used to the way he is. Jessie (single mommy to Angela, 3 years and Emma, our angel in...