or Connect

Posts by chi_mama

well, i will probably be in the minority here but.... yes we will all be getting flu vaccine this year, for a couple of reasons. H1N1 is especially severe in pregnant women, chances are I will no longer be pregnant by the time flu season hit here (unless we have a really early season) so I'm not super worried about it. However, baby will only be a couple of months old during peak flu season... both boys are in public school and once I return to work my exposure is...
I think I'm going to be a black widow, it should be easy and inexpensive and I want something to maximize the bump
I have a bicornuate uterus, we suspected during my 1st pregnancy and then confirmed during a vag US after a m/c... no further diagnostics so I just know it's vaguely funky. During both of my previous pregnancies babe has been on the right side, laying down on my back you could tell by week 10 or so. My midwife measures on that side b/c other side or center measures much smaller. Both of my boys stayed breech until about 35 weeks. DS1 turned on his own, DS2 took some...
you can visit los poblanos farm, but it's just to have a look around not gather produce. I don't know of anything like that this early in the season in northern NM, the last freeze is usually mid-May so it's too soon for much beside lettuce. You'd probably have to head south toward Las Cruces or Alamagordo There are several places around Espanola for orchard fruit later in the year around August, some are listed on pickyourown.org some just have signs up later.
Jemez Falls is a great idea. He is probably talking about the Gilman Tunnels, they're just off Hwy 4 (st road 485) between the pueblo and Jemez Springs, there is a creek that runs parallel to the road, and just below the tunnels it's deep enough to play in. You can't camp right there but if you continue along the same road that goes thru the tunnels there are many places available, or there are many campgrounds along the river/hwy 4. Another good option is Mccauley...
What do you do when your child want to quit an activity? I mean when a child asks to participate in something (t-ball, swimming lessons, art class etc) and then decides they don't like it? do you make them stick out a commitment/course? do you let them stop when they want to? what factors into the decision for you? Thanks
raene: Silas hasn't rolled over yet (5months on the 25th) nor does he sit up alone yet. DS1 was slower to do these things too. I think it's a factor of bulky cloth diapers, mostly being held or in the sling and having an exceptionally big head. I try not to worry about it too much... Here's a couple of recent-ish photos making my mom's b-day cake in early december endlessly entertained by big brother
there's this hands-free option also
You can use this to estimate the baby's needs. I encouraged both of my boys to reverse cycle (eat mostly at night) to minimize how much expressed milk they required. I think your supply will be okay (I didn't see how old babe is) pumping just once in 8 hours. I find that it works really well to pump on one side and feed on the other for the 1st feeding of each day. That gives me 7-10 feedings on top of what I pump while away. With both my boys I have tried to pump for...
puddleduck: it's great to hear you're doing so well and loving life.... even the sleeplessness. It reminds me to embrace this time more and just go with the flow of things. Silas had is 4 month visit yesterday. He's 16 lbs (2 less than I was guessing) and his head is in the 97% range now. We're a big-headed family I unpacked all the 6 month stuff a few days ago and most of it will only be worn for a few weeks! So as moms are you getting an H1N1 vaccine for...