or Connect

Posts by expat-mama

OP- I could have written your post myself!  Except for the birth details...  But I'm in the initial stages of making plans to get certified and start a business that can do some real good in my community. Good luck to you!
 Is the class a one-time thing? Or multiple sessions?Is that per hour or per class? Curious... 
We dont have a lot of battery operated stuff around here but we were given this mobile that attaches to a crib and it has a feature that shows a soft light show on the part that attaches to the crib.  We tried this thing and DD loves it! She will fall asleep all on her own after nursing when I place her in her bed and she watches it which is something I am happy about. The only thing is that the lights and music only play for a short time so we have to keep pressing the...
The only success I have with getting DD to sleep unswaddled is by putting her on her tummy. I know this is a no-no according to the SIDS rules of the day but otherwise I have a non sleeping baby.  She either sleeps on her tummy, sleeps swaddled and rolls onto her face freaking me out and almost suffocating, or no one sleeps at all. So I choose the first one.   Why do some babes need to sleep on their tummies (forgive me, my question mark is not working today!)  Is there...
We're in the middle of the 4 month sleep regression too. Swaddling and loud white noise (rain/static) have really helped as well as DD sleeping sometimes in her swing. I have been doing something to help DD learn to fall asleep without nursing and rocking etc but right now we are just doing whatever works. She seems to be hungrier too maybe because of increased distraction during the day while she is nursing so I try to give her a big bottle of expressed milk as a...
Yeah pumping is enough work on its own.  I wonder if one did use time/age appropriate pumped milk if there would be any noticeable difference. Like, in the alertness of the baby if she drank daytime milk at night or vice versa. And in the hunger or satiety of a baby if she drank milk made for a different age. It's interesting, anyway.
Breast Milk Should Be Drunk At The Same Time Of Day That It Is Expressed: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091001091757.htm   http://www.netmums.com/baby/sleep/breastfeeding-and-your-babys-sleep   I just read about how breast milk changes for different times of the day and as baby gets older. It's really interesting but now I'm wondering if I need to pay more attention to how and when I'm using my pumped and stored milk?   Any pumping mamas mark...
deleted. Thanks.
Hi  Just wanted to offer a hug and some commiseration. What's with 3 year olds??? We sailed through the "terrible" twos- three is suddenly HORRIBLE. Absolutely effing awful.  I'll be standing by for anyone who has a shred of advice to offer. In the meantime, let's both try to hang in there. Maybe four will be better?
Hi, I've been here before and I'll be here again!   We are getting desperate to get our DS sleeping on his own. DH was actually tearing up today describing how he feels about having to stay in bed with our DS, aged 3. He feels like he is in an abusive relationship at night, being held hostage. He can't get up to pee, can't move or shift position, can't get under the blanket, often has to sleep with a pretty bright night light and music playing- all so DS will stay in...