or Connect

Posts by expat-mama

I'm still here. 40+6 for me -woohoo. Dilated only to 2 after two appts with stretch and sweep in the past couple of weeks. I've had accupressure twice. Walking, sex, birth ball bouncing does nothing. Did castor oil last weekend and going to do it again this weekend because next week they will start on the pressure to induce. This all exactly like what happened with DS who was born at 41+5. Sucks! My mom flew in last week and got off the plane with a HORRIBLE cold. She's...
  For us tooth brushing is really important, but I also figured that short periods of crappy or no brushing and laying off the pressure (NOT holding DS down and forcing it) was better in the long run. I think for my DS having less of an overall stressful and unpleasant experience with brushing and hygiene procedures is more important for cultivating a positive or at least neutral attitude toward these things. I found that when I did use forceful measures his resistance...
Nope not in labour yet. Baby feels sooo low, I think if I stick my finger in I would feel her at the second knuckle!   It's been 26 hrs since the water/pee incident so I'm going in today. I feel fine, baby is moving as usual so I'm not worried. Thanks for the advice!
Hi there  Glad to find this group as I take a break from obsessing in my DDC and the birth threads. DH and I are strongly committed to anarchist ideals but find ourselves continually living in the midst of all we loathe. (We live in an oil-rich, absolute monarchy in the extremely religious environs of the middle east- woohoo!) We love our life and appreciate how fortunate we are to be OUTSIDERS in this place, though we struggle to make sense of our surroundings and...
Not leaking as far as I can tell. My midwives are in a large clinic. If I call the clinic they'll tell me to come in. Is it necessary to get checked? I'd rather wait but I'm not sure how long before I should do *something*. Still nothing going on. Maybe it was pee? It just doesn't make sense. 
I have no experience with my water breaking on its own- I had my sac broken during labour with DS and I don't even remember what that felt like.   Last night, I woke up from a dream after feeling a strong kick/movement and there was water all over me and the bed. I stood up and went to the bathroom, sat down on the toilet and a big gush came out. I was still half asleep so I don't remember if it felt like I was peeing. I did think to myself at the time "WOW I...
Ha! Gotta add this song to my birth playlist. Making me rethink leaving DS at home with grandma while we're at the birth centre- he's the BEST dance partner!!! 
What a gorgeous baby! Congratulations.
Last night was the new moon here and man I thought baby girl was seriously coming! Labour with DS started in a new moon too. Lots of contractions and cramping and very little sleep. It's morning here now and things have died down a whole lot but I went feeling around inside and my cervix has moved anterior and the baby has definitely moved lower because there is a little bowling ball head *right* there! I couldn't really tell, feeling around, what my dilation is at but...
My DS doesn't really have a "mohawk" but he has what we call a "curly top". Since his hair tends to be nice and curly on the top but frizzy and wild on the sides and back. The cut ends up being a little bit wider than a mohawk would be but it looks super cute on him and he's always getting compliments. We just use hair clippers to trim the sides up to where a natural side part would be on each side and then up the back to where the swirly centre of his hair is (I have no...