or Connect

Posts by expat-mama

This could be just a phase as it was for my DS. It was kind of a long phase though I guess. I used to cut his nails while he was nursing, but then he weaned and I had to figure out other ways. For a while the only way I could cut his nails was to put on a short Thomas the Train on youtube which was a huge treat for him because he doesn't watch much TV. He would be so distracted he hardly noticed what was going on. Then I started bringing his attention to what I was...
38w + 2d here and had an appointment with the midwives. Baby girl is not quite engaged but she has moved lower.  I'm thinking things are not going to start anytime soon- I only have contractions when I try to bring them on with lots of sex, squatting, walking, exercise or RRL tea. They never come on their own. Boo. My next appointment is on the 18th, 2 days before my EDD so I've agreed to have a stretch and sweep and I've made an appointment for the next day for an...
I heard of that too- and was telling my husband about it and he said that I always have that line. Or at least I have had it for a while now during this pregnancy. So I dunno. I keep telling him to keep an eye on it and see if it gets longer/higher but it's already pretty high.  I was hoping that it would be a reliable way to check dilation since last time my contractions were never strong and never got to have regular or closely-timed intervals all the way till the end....
Hmm, in regard to the pineapple, I'm pretty sure bromelain is only found in the woody center part- so not the part commonly eaten. You can check on this, but I think that's what I remember. And to eat the amount that is actually effective would be a whole lot of pineapple- I think more than anyone would ever eat at one time. You can buy bromelain as a natural supplement, not sure what the dosage would be for our purposes. Interestingly, bromelain is mostly used as a meat...
I have been hearing those snaps and pops for a few weeks now! They are so weird. I remember when I was pregnant with DS I thought I was going crazy then DH heard them too and googled what the heck the sounds are. Turns out there is no real consensus. It IS so interesting and bizarre to hear them though!
As always, lots to think about. Funny how almost immediately after posting this topic, the news has exploded with related articles. Not helping me in my decision process. I will spend more time on this.  Thanks.
I'm expecting our 2nd to show up in the next month or so and since we found out we were having another one we've been trying to take steps get DS (2.5 yo) to be a bit more independent about his sleep. We haven't made as much progress as we hoped but this is our plan and what we've been doing.   We sidecarred a crib next to our king bed. We put DS to sleep in his room (he has a double bed) and when he wakes up DH goes in to sleep with him or lays with him till he's...
Hi there,  I'm back here again! Everyone here is always so helpful I thought I'd ask for some more input on something that has come up recently for us. I chose not to post in the vaccinations forums because I really am wanting input just from mamas with LOs with autism spectrum disorders and not from the community at large. I hope that's ok.   When my son was born we chose to delay vaccinations until he was 2 years old because I planned to (and did) breastfeed him...
I couldn't really decide what to get- all the reviews I've read online are so varied and subjective. I didn't want to spend a lot on something I couldn't return so I just ordered a belly binder by Underworks. If it works it works, if not whatever. If I really feel like it's not working and I want to try something else I guess I will. Only 3 weeks left to go for me!