or Connect

Posts by expat-mama

Thanks- that link is really interesting. Especially the section about the purple line at the natal cleft! I guess I will likely try to feel my own dilation since that is the most reliable way- I kind of feel like I won't trust my own measurements since I haven't any experience though.
With my last birth, I had irregular contractions that never got really intense, just felt like strong cramps with no discernible pattern or timing in between. This was from the beginning of pre-labour until the pushing phase- some contractions had minutes in between all throughout. It was weird. I was almost 2 weeks "over due" and went in to be checked, found I was 4 cm dilated so they told me to go home get our stuff then come back to the birth centre. We ended up in...
make appointment for house cleaners to come and do top-to-bottom clean incl windows put together sidecar crib, change table still need to arrange sidecar safely buy new & bigger fridge wash all old and new baby clothes, blankets, cloth diapers etc organize diaper station and baby's dresser stock freezer with ready-made meals, snacks and crockpot meals still need to do some GF foods for DS buy mama supplies for...
My older sister just had her first baby and her labour and birth of her son was almost exactly like mine. No intense or regular contractions, just a looooong period (12+ hrs) of irregular-timed cramps followed by around 40 mins of pushing. My mom's first labour and birth was like this but with her second (me!) she was convinced to go to hospital waaay to early, made to lie in bed with monitoring and convinced to have an epidural to help "speed things along"- so things...
Me too!  It's nice to find you here. 
He does sometimes do this kind of repetitive play imaginatively. When he is popping one of his little animals or dolls in and out of a box or something he will often say stuff like "he's jumping out!" or "there he is" and other statements like this kind of narrating the play. It does seem like his mind is working when he is doing these things... and like I said, he is so happy doing it and he thinks it's really fun/funny. I had an idea last night that I could make...
Beautiful babies!!! Wow, just wow. 
We used the First Years Breastflow bottles with lots of success. I burned my hand when DS was 2 wks old and couldn't hold him properly to nurse for about a week, so he was drinking pumped milk out of bottles that early with no problem- then went back to the boob full-time except for the occasional bottle of expressed milk. I was so worried about it at the time, but apparently the design of those bottles really is great for breastfed babies to go back and forth. I even...
I've really enjoyed reading this thread!  I have a horrible memory normally but I really feel like my mind is blank when I try to remember what it felt like giving birth to my son. I have been asking DH lately what he remembers to try and jog my memory. It's strange- I can remember all these details but not the sensations and how I actually physically felt. I don't remember a lot of pain- just being uncomfortable and so, so tired. (It was a loooong birth and I had many...
I have a history of anxiety and have been able to cope for the last several years without meds- sometimes it's been really hard, other times it's ok. I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy with LO #2 and things are a lot more difficult and complicated than they have been for a while and I feel the worst of my anxiety coming back as well as looming evermore in the future with the added stress of dealing with a newborn as well as my 2 yr old with ASD. Ideally, I'd like to...