or Connect

Posts by MPJJJ

deleted
I wasnt sure where to post this because my DP is not my children's father, so I didnt think it belonged in PAP.   Anyways, my DP's grandpa is dying from lung cancer caused by smoking ciggerettes. DP really wanted to quit smoking, so he started taking Wellbutrin. I also sent my kids across the country to their grandparents for Thanksgiving, so that he wouldnt have added stress, and it would be easier for him.   He promised me that if he slipped up he would tell...
No, the family consists of his Grandparents (who are married, and the dinner is at their house), his mom (who is not married), and his little sister who lives with his mom. That is it. There aren't anymore inlaws to take into consideration. They will all be at his grandparent's house all day, all I want him to do is visit them while I am at work, and if they want him to have dinner with them, just eat a little earlier.   I am so proud of him. He called his Grandma and...
We're not married. He's my partner because we share a home, car, and a dog together. We just don't have that little piece of paper, so I'm not his 'wife'. And sitting home along on Christmas eve or Christmas will not be relaxing to me. It'll be incredibly lonely, and I will spend all night feeling hurt and confused, and just not good enough. I already deal with Christmas blues this year because I will not have my kids with me. I am not close to anyone else in my family....
He said he thought about what it would feel like if the situation were reversed, and realized that his feelings would be hurt. So he has said he will visit them during the day. There isn't any reason for having it in the evening, except that is what they have always done. Now he is worried that his family is going to make a big deal out of it and get angry at him for not having it their way, and he has good reason to be. He didn't even get to have Thanksgiving dinner...
I have to work from 7am to 3pm on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. He wants to go visit his family one of those days. His family has been incredibly mean to be, called me names, has done everything they possibly could to get him to break up with me. They are nice to me when they want something from me, but the second they don't have anymore use for me, they turn on me again. So me visiting them is not an option.   I want him to visit his family during the day while I...
Basically, to make a long story short, I used to work for a mental health agency. I worked there for 2 years, and during that time I recieved 3 promotions, was never written up or reprimended for anything, and I was one of the few staff who were trusted enough to carry the emergency on-call pager.   I put in my notice because I was caring for a very high needs foster child whom it looked as though we were going to adopt. I had recieved an opportunity to work...
We have had a lot of changes in the past 2 years, and I feel like my relationship with my 6 year old (youngest out of 3 boys) is suffering because of it. For example, I divorced their dad, met my current partner who we later moved in with, then moved again to the house we are at now, he recieved a dx of severe adhd and started meds, and I just got a dx of adult adhd (also very severe) that I am about to start meds for in the next few days. Pre-divorce I always co-slept...
My DP was my best friend/neighbor's son. We never liked each other, I thought he was a jerk and he thought I was snobby. When XDH and I seperated, he basically kicked me out of the house, and I had no where else to go, so I stayed next door at my friend's house. DP and I got to know each other, found out our assumptions were wrong, and we became friends... eventually became much more and now we share a home, we adopted a dog, and we're still going strong 1.5 years later.
I wouldnt worry too much about it. Years ago my son went missing, and we lived on lake front property. I was absolutely frantic looking for him, I went through the house and trashed everything! (I ripped all the clothes off the hangers and threw them into the middle of the bedrooms, I took all the pots and dishes out of the lower cabinets and tossed them onto the floors, ect), then called the police. The house was TRASHED, but the cop didnt call CPS like I totally expected...