or Connect

Posts by Krisis

I am looking into enrolling him in preschool twice a week (otherwise it's too pricey.)  I really, really didn't want to enroll him till he was 4 so I am dealing with some guilt over that, but maybe it will help.    Definitely getting my thyroid/hormone levels checked.  I still have my ovaries, but you never know.  I have a sneaking suspicion my thyroid is on the borderline of working anyway, no matter what the blood test says (I've had it checked before and it always...
I wasn't sure where to post this, mods, so go ahead and move it if it doesn't belong here.  I don't know what to do about my 3.5 year old.  I'm worried about both of us.  I'm not even sure how to go about describing this.  Argh.   I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and general depression a while ago.  Recently my doctor switched my antidepressant around.  So I know that I'm adjusting to my medication, and that it takes a long time for medication switches to...
I hate to say this, but my son is nearing 3 and still does this. I have tried everything literally EVERYTHING to get him to stop. I truly do not know what to do with him.
Peekaboo.
Obviously I am fluent in English DH and I want to move to the UK though in a few years and I am currently finishing up my degree here. I have to fulfill foreign language requirements, and I was thinking that if we move to the UK, I would like to be able to use my new language skills. For the record, I am working on a nursing degree. Kind of. So, what language should I consider learning? French? German? Spanish? I just have no idea. What language would you learn,...
This is pretty much what I was going to say, as taken from the website Ann Marita posted. Quote: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints belongs under the broad umbrella of Christianity because we do believe in Jesus Christ, we do preach him crucified and resurrected, we do have faith in his Atonement, we do love him for his grace and mercy, and we do trust in his eventual return. Am I a Mormon? Yes. Am I also a Christian? I totally...
ARGH, I am sick AGAIN. But I am willing to go walking at the mall, at least for a little while. Let me know if/when you're going, Leah, and I'll meet you there. Possibly. (coughhackblargh)
Leah, do we have the same mom? Are we long lost twins? I've thought about writing a letter, but my mom just doesn't care. I've thought about asking her to do a therapy session with me, but my grandma thinks I should just let the past go. But for me, it's not the past. It haunts me every day - all the things she said, the names she called me, and the little things she still does, like mock my parenting skills (as nonexistent as they are) and just generally hurt my...
Toby is driving me NUTS. I totally snapped today. It went like this: Toby: Chocolate? Me: Nope, not today, maybe another day. Toby: Chocolate? Me: Not today sweetheart. Toby: Chocolate? Me: Nope. Toby: Chocolate? Me: No. Toby: Chocolate? Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. And this happens approximately 10 million times a day, even when the answer is yes. Like when he wants a drink, he'll ask for one and I'll say "sure let me fill up your cup" and he'll...
Toby and I are tentatively in for the 5th. I swear I had something going but I can't remember to save my life, so I'll let you know for sure by Monday. Dang brain, it is getting too old. It's been so cold lately! Leah, have you been walking in the mall? I took Brody (friend's 3 year old) and Toby to an indoor playground on Monday. It was one of those places with big inflatable toys. We went on short notice so I didn't think to call anyone. But it was PRICEY...