or Connect

Posts by AngieB

I loved that book!
My dh has coached soccer for years. Thank you for understanding that the coach is a volunteer and doing the best he can. For the first problem of the trash talking I would not put up with that at all. Our league is very serious about good sportsmanship . If you hear a kid talking like that I would go tell your coach and he should privately either bring it to the attention of the ref or other coach. With the coaches lack of communication I would let that go unless it's...
When I read your first post I was strongly on the side of don't ask for any money, but the more I read I'm leaning the other way. It sounds like your dh's family wants to help you but feel like they can't offer and are waiting for dh to ask. Your dh's feelings are hurt because his family gives the other siblings money and not him but they probably ask and you don't. I wouldn't ask for money to pay down your loans but if there is another way they can help why not ask. If it...
It has not been resolved. I gave up. Dd started kindergarten and I felt like I didn't want to have that big step happening at the same time as kicking her out of our bed. I keep hoping she will just start sleeping through the night by herself.
I really want to join this group and start getting out of debt. I have no idea how to start. I feel pretty trapped. I've read Dave Ramsey, I know the steps but I feel incapable of doing it. There doesn't seem to be any extra money to put towards paying down debt. Everything is getting more and more expensive, we have nothing worth selling and at the end of the month I'm holding my breath that we'll make it to payday. I used to be so good with our money, we didn't use...
Since I work at the library usually she asked me to bring such and such book home for her or I'm with her when she is browsing for books. If she picked one I thought was not ok I would just tell her no, it wasn't an appropriate book for her to read. She did recently ask me about the 50 shades of grey books and wanted to know what they were and if I thought she would like them. I mostly just laughed and said no way was she reading them any time soon. I think the fact...
I don't restrict any children or young adult books but I have said no to a few adult books ds wanted to read. I work in a library so I know the books he's interested in without having to read them first. Mostly they were books that had sex, I don't feel like that's something an 11 year old needs to read. My older dd(14) has never wanted to read anything from the adult section but I probably would also limite her on some of the books.
And what I'm saying is my ds's brain is not damaged, it's just different.
I also forgot to add that my dh is also ADHD, not to the extreme of ds, but there is also a genetic factor involved.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are say. My ds brain was not rewired, that was my point he was born this way. His brain was wired differently to begin with. From what you are say it seems like you are trying to clam that a vaccine I had 20 or more years before ds was conceived some how caused ADHD. If that was the case why are my other 3 children not also effected? Everyone is different, my ds is brilliant, his brain is working so fast he can't control it the...