or Connect

Posts by AngieB

My ds is ADHD. He is very smart, part of the GATE program at school. He was ADHD in the womb. My pregnancy with him was very different from my other 3 pregnancies. He moved around more and it was a different type of movement , I don't know how to describe it, more extreme, harder and more often. The day he was born everyone commented on how he never stopped moving, even in his sleep his body twitched and he made funny little faces. We would have to swaddle him with his...
I also work at a library and have a weekly preschool Storytime that I lead. There were times when I had to bring my dd to the storytimes and I had the same problem. One of my solutions was to set a small chair next to mine and dd would sit in that chair when she wanted to be by me. It did sometimes cause a problem because other children also wanted to sit in the chair. I mostly just tried to find daycare for dd and not have her at Storytime. I didn't feel like I could...
Linda, how did you find the program? I would love to find something like that for ds. I called and made a dr. Appointment for ds for next Friday to hopefully adjust his medication or try something new. Now I just pray he can hold it together for the next week. He had been doing pretty well but this year he had to change schools. He had been at the same school since k and the same teacher for the last 4 years. The school only goes to 5th grade so he is now moving on to a...
I'm posting in special needs because ds(12) is ADHD and I feeli like his problems are due to his lack of self control. He is taking strattera and has been for almost 4 years. I've always been happy with how strattera works but lately I feel like it might be not working as well and I have an appointment with ds's doctor to talk about other options. Ds has no self control. His biggest problem is keeping his hands and body to himself. He comes off as a bully to other people....
And I am so freakin excited. I feel like I'm starting a whole new chapter of my life. :joy:joy
We have two bunk beds at our house and I hate, hate, hate, them. It's so hard to make the top bunk. Getting the bottom sheet on is almost impossible and by the time I'm done I feel like I've spent and hour at the gym. Because of this my kids' sheets get changed much less often then they should. It's also hard for kids to make the bed up because you have to be on the bed as you're making it so they never do.
My dh and oldest dd do and they are totally live in their heads type. They spend most of their day in La La land.
I'm here to vent and make a little public service announcement, if your child is on a youth sports team don't be a pain in the butt! Be nice to the coach, have your children to practice on time and ready to play, provide them with water and be grateful that the coach is volunteering his or her time so your child can play this sport. My dh has coached youth sports for Years and he is an awesome coach, people request him all the time. He is also on the board for a few of...
One thing I've noticed with homemade play dough is that the more you knead it while it's still hot the smother to dough. So after you finish cooking it dump it out on the counter and work it with you hands untill it cools down a bit.
Right now my motivation is getting the run in before it gets hot. I also had to start putting my need to exercise first. I usually try and get out of the house before some of the kids wake up, then they can't ask for anything. But like this morning one of my dd's woke up early and was telling me she was hungry and wanted pancakes. Old me would have made the pancakes and never got around to running. The New and much happier/thinner me told dd to get a banana and wait for...