or Connect

Posts by AngieB

We live on 5 acres out in the middle of no where, so yes they have lots of outdoor space. They all play sports and we do lots of outdoor things like camping, hiking and canoeing as a family. It's not boredom that is causing this, it's just lack of caring on their part which is my fault because I haven't made it a priority. When they were little the messes were little and it didn't seem like a problem, but now a they get bigger the messes and destruction is getting bigger...
Where is the land you are planning to move to ? I'm asking because what the winters are like would have a lot to do with how I planned things. You'll need a heat source for sure. Have you done much camping ? At first you could almost set it up like a camp site, outdoor kitchen using a camp stove. Will there be a water source? Heat and water are way more important than electric in my opinion. Are your in-laws willing to let you use their clothes washer and maybe even...
Thanks ladies for the replies. Not only has it confirmed that this is not normal behavior, it has made it very clear that I need to get tough and set some firm rules around here. I guess I've always been worried that it would be to mean to do things like make them sit on the floor if they jump on the couch and the power struggle that will occur if I try and make them wash the walls or pick up the garbage seems overwhelming. But I can do it, this is important.
My children have destroyed my house. It is a disgusting. This is not a how do I keep up, or how do I organize my house better thread. This is a how do I make my children stop being dirty, uncaring, destructive slobs? I know I sound terrible and you're all thinking " how can I say that about my children" but I'm just done with this! I am a organized person, we don't have clutter, I do my laundry regularly, my kitchen is cleaned, the house is picked up regularly ,...
Oh my, is it my ds? That sound like him and I feel guilty every time he goes to someone's house because I know he probably drives them crazy.
Have you found that there are certain friends of your children that you do not enjoy having over to your house? My two youngest dds have friends who are siblings and they like them to come over and play and it's always a pain in the you know what. They are good kids, it's just something about how they and my kids interact that makes the whole play date unejoyable, lots of screaming, yelling, running in and out of the house, bugging the older siblings, getting in the...
How bad of a mom am I if the first thought after reading the question was.....My children?
I found that I didn't notice a change in my belly until I cut out refined sugar, then within a week or two there was a big change. 
I just read One Second After by William R. Forstchen and loved it.
first I feel like I should state that #1 I'm not a christian and #2 I have never delt with fertility issues so I can't possible know how you are feeling but my gut reaction is yes, it's hypocritical. If you do believe in an all powerful god who has a plan for you then you should except that plan. It's always bothered me when you see a couple on the TV and they are expecting 8-9 babies due to fertility treatment and they say it's gods will...NO, gods will was for you to...