or Connect

Posts by Bazile

Thanks for the suggestions! I had thought of some things, but you suggested things that I hadn't even really thought of like what might risk me out of a TOL. I'm a little overwhelmed since despite us being careless as far as birth control goes, I didn't really expect to get pregnant. I do trust my OB. If I didn't I wouldn't be willing to go back. It's a small (3 OB/GYNs) practice where you see the same provider every visit. He never had any problems answering my...
In February of 2011 I had a csection for failure to progress after a failed induction. DD was posterior and had her head cocked to one side which is why we think I stalled at 3 cm and quit having contraction while getting Pitocin. Regardless of the reason for the surgery, unless Ina May Gaskin herself would reccommend a RCS I have no intention of being cut open again. About 2 weeks ago I discovered I was pregnant with number two, and I'm due according to LMP on June 29...
Tenk, I wish we were closer to TN, but we're right smack in the center of the state in the Montgomery area. I just looked it up, and according to Wikipedia's I65 mileage claims, we're about 184 miles from the state line, and mapquest says we're just over four hours from the Farm. I've been going to ICAN in Birmingham (about an hour and a half north of us) when I can and there are several woman who've done that, but apparently an hour+ drive in labor is akin to torture, and...
Essco, it looks like we're due date buddies! I hear you on a midwife being the way to go, and I just wish it was an option here. Alabama has some of the most backward midwifery laws in the country. Attended homebirth is actually illegal for anyone. There is one(huge) OB practice that has a couple of midwives, but since the OBs have to declare you low risk enough first, I doubt I'd have any chance of seeing them. There is a local homebirth midwife that a friend has VBAC'ed...
As of right now I'm still nursing my 20 month old DD, but we had already started working on weaning before I found out I was pregnant. I'd always planned on nursing until 18 months, and then to start gradually weaning and be done by her birthday. I think in a different time, culture, or place I'd be comfortable nursing longer; but as it is I think DH is ready for us to stop, and my mother lectures me every day on the fact that DD is too old to still be nursing. To hear...
I'm hoping to wait to make a big announcement until after 12 weeks. Though that was my plan last time, and I ended up posting our first u/s photo on Facebook at 8 weeks since it was the worst kept secret ever at that point. I didn't really think I was pregnant since I haven't quite regulated back out since my daughter (she's still nursing) was born even though I was a couple of days later than I thought I should have been since it's happened before since AF really came...
EDD: According to the wheel of due dates June 29, but I think early July is probably more accurate based on when I think conceived. Your Age: 27 Your General Location: Central Alabama This babe will be child #?: Two How long have you been TTC: Not at all this time, though seeing as how the diaphragm's been sitting in the bathroom for several months now unused I really shouldn't be quite as surprised as I was, lol. Tell us a bit about your family (partner, other...
While I was pregnant with my daughter who is now 13 months old, I suffered from a lot of pelvic pain that based on descriptions I found after she was born sounds a lot like Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. She was persistently posterior, and at birth she was both posterior and aysnclitic. I was induced at 41 and a half weeks, and I had a c-section after my cervix started swelling and even with the Pitocin up at full blast my contractions completely stopped.   We had a...
My daughter's only 13 months, so not quite there yet, but taking notes for the future since we're seriously considering h/s as long as DH is Active Duty and we're moving every few years.