or Connect

Posts by nhklh

I didn't really find anything much helpful, other than a HN baby group on Yahoo. I can give you the URL if you'd like, it's a more general HN thing though rather than focussing on reflux. Where do I find "refluxinchildren"? I'm sure Willow will be just fine developmentally.
We just go with it. Liam hated being on his tummy so we didn't push it. He was upset most of the time anyway, we didn't see the point in deliberately upsetting him any further. We help him out a bit now and then when he's really really frustrated but for the most part he's figured things out for himself, on his own schedule, just fine
Meli, aren't some people awful about crying babies? When we visited friends in hospital who'd just had their babies Liam was having a really bad day. He couldn't cope with anyone else being around so needless to say it was a very short visit. Anyhow, we got dirty looks from the midwives! You would think they of all people would know better! I've also had people come up in the shops to tell Liam "it's ok" but of course that only upsets him more. I'm sorry Willow...
Quote: Originally Posted by tammylc Hey - I just noticed your sig - seems our Liams were born just 2 days apart - nifty. Indeed! Yours is quite the cutie
Quote: Originally Posted by tammylc My mom lives in her own little fantasy land. .........At six months. Right. Now THAT is funny! Hmmm wonder why my EIGHT month old doesn't have skills yet that could be harvested for the workplace
Quote: Originally Posted by ian'smommaya breath and give aids?! Uh huh. And she said this to a lesbian couple (us) and of course the gay/les community is totally saturated with info about HIV transmission I thought of a couple more overnight; DS is a HN/GERD baby, next door neighbour is pushing 70. Neighbour: Is he a good baby? Us: Well he IS challenging as he has GERD and cries a lot from the pain. N (accusatory tone): You're...
My stepmother and DP's stepmother can both be quite full of it and we don't particularly like either of them. Mine: Oh you can't have them sleep with you, they make too much noise. Me (biting tongue): Well it works for us. (I WANT to know when DS is making noises so I can give him whatever he needs!). DP's SM: You just can't be worrying about every little thing when you have a baby, after all somebody might breath on him and give him AIDS. We ignored this...
Kimlee, how great to find someone who shares our feelings! Of course I love reading about how everyone goes about making their families and all ways are great, it's just nice to find someone with that degree of "sameness" KWIM? We can't do adoption here (South Australia) either which is a bummer. One of the books I read mentioned the 1/2 sibling issue and the unliklihood of siblings being separated if something were to happen. Don't know how it would stand here but...
Hi, this is my first post on MDC. DP is 14wks, 4 days pg with our first. We used a known donor and did AI ourselves at home. It's always been our intention to have 2 kids, and to carry one each using the same donor. Using the same donor has always been important and when we started looking for a donor that was one of our prerequisites - he had to be willing to commit to 2. We were VERY fortunate in that we found a lovely donor and we'll be commencing TTC #2 in...