or Connect

Posts by H & J's Mom

Quote: Originally Posted by zoebird i am a minimalist, a cleaner, tosser (recycler really), and filer. my husband was raised by a clutter-big, piling, pack rat. so, he picked up their weird habits. but this year, we decided to move to NZ. can i tell you of the glorious purge? it was hard to get him to do it, but he's so motivated to move that i would say (as he longingly held some god forsaken horrible hand-me-down held onto because well dead...
There are really so many options depending on where you find work and how much traveling you are willing to do. I live outside of metro (country living) but do not travel to Halifax or Dartmouth for work. I don’t think I would mind the travel from home (all 100 series highway from where I am) but once I was “in town” as we say, the traffic congestion would irritate me … I would likely spend more time sitting in traffic than I did to get that far. I think it would take...
I can only imagine the damage to my marriage/relationship if DH (who would LOVE more LO's) decided to poke holes in our condoms or somehow have an oops ... I don't see much differance with the girl doing the oops. Really not something I would ever do ... Good Luck.
I too was going to mention the needing to pee idea ... DS would get up at exactly the same time each night needing to pee. Maybe before you go to bed see if you can wake him enough to use the washroom. Other than that, DS is almost 3 and is just coming out of the same thing. Would wake and call for me to "save him" 1 or 2 times a night. He likes to go to sleep tucked into me with my arm around him ... that's all he wants when he wakes, my arm around him. I'm not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teenytoona My stepfather (the family miser) swears that to let the heat run in the basement will help the rest of the house. Since heat rises, he says the heat in the basement will help warm the floors in the first floor and make less heat needed to heat that floor. You may be ok with how it is now, some heat might not be a bad thing. This! When we built our home the builder suggested turning off our upstairs...
DD, my first, was a bit older than 3. DS was just over 2 and that is only because DD (8.5 years older) was there with him. Both of my kids were ready waaaaayyyy before I was. I still don't enjoy it, but they looooove it. They are spoiled rotten at Nanny and Grampies
Quote: Originally Posted by newbymom05 I'm wondering if most of the "love it all the time" people have a great support system. Sooo true for us. It is really wonderful to have 2 sets of grandparents and a sister that are as madly in love with my children as I am. It makes time out with DH, friends, or even just grocery shopping solo possible and enjoyable. It is very hard for me to leave my children at all, if I didn't have our family, I...
We struggled with infertility for many years after DD. I really felt like I was letting DD down and was sad for her being an only child. It took a long time but I did make peace with it just being the three of us. Not really the same as your situation but I think I understand how you're feeling To explain my user name, not long after I made peace with our family as it was, suprise, I got pregnant with DS (after close to 5 years of TTC). You never know...
Quote: Originally Posted by kcparker What measures were they using? I suppose not having kids (and probably not having a spouse!) make one's life a lot simpler - you have autonomy, privacy, more spending money, you can eat what you want, when you want, you don't have to clean up somebody else's messes or poopy bottom, nobody smears bananas on your pants right before you go to work, you can be very self-focused and gratify your own needs without having to...
I put all the time but I'm not sure how to explain myself though … I love being a mother! I am also a lot more than a mom ... Perhaps because I am happy and fulfilled in life in general I can truly enjoy mothering “all the time”. That’s not to say it isn’t sometimes challenging but I can honestly say I love it, all of it. I even liked getting up through the night with them! I remember an old Oprah episode on mothering/parenting. She polled her audience on...