or Connect

Posts by H & J's Mom

Quote: Originally Posted by Cavy What's the point of saving when you have to pay interest on other loans? Maybe I don't understand the interest rate differential. If it were me I'd try to prioritise paying off the homeloan and any other debts. This will mean more income in the long run that can be used to fund retirement, pay college fees, etc. We paid off our mortgage as fast as possible with extra income, and it is bliss!! One of the best...
Quote: Originally Posted by sanguine_speed And I totally agree about the percentage thing. I don't think it's necessarily 'better' to have a lower %. For instance, one family could say only 10% of their income goes to mortgage, but it's going to take 35 years to pay off their mortgage, and they have very little money left for other expenses versus another family using 40% of their income toward the mortgage but it will be paid off in 3 years and they...
I guess I should have clarified the eating them part ... they weren't the same ones that were up his nose. He ate some and stuck others up his nose. Usually he'd just stick them up his nose, pull it right out and then repeat ... but the odd time they'd get stuck and I had to go in with tweezers. Too many times I'd have to pull the ones he ate out of his butt at a diaper change ... did I mention I was glad he stopped eating them ...
Not anytime soon if she's like DS. It was over a year ago that I had to take him to the Dr. to have a rotten, stinky blanket string removed from his nose. About a week ago he was blowing his runny nose and out came a clump of blanket strings!!! He said he put them up there the other day ... he's almost THREE! At least he's stopped eating them ... ETA: I wouldn't wait too long before taking her to the Dr. if it doesn't come out on it's own. DS ended up getting...
I know a father and daughter who both had/have it. I have no idea regarding the relationship to chicken pox though. Maybe hereditary?
I don't recall the exact age DD got breast buds but it was very early, between 7 & 8 she started getting hair a bit before the buds. She is not chubby but she is tall and "sturdy" if you will (like her mom ) I thought she would start her period very early and develop early as well but she only started her period the month before her 11th b'day and is probably just now an A cup (if that). So I don't think really early signs mean it's all going to happen right around...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lovinmum You will absolutely LOVE having a little boy. They are full of energy but its how you raise them as to what kind of energy that is. My little man is the sweetest, most gentle little guy. WAY more gentle than his "girlfriends". He loves to play and climb though. you just have to make sure they have those outlets to release the energy some too. There is always the "mamas boy" factor too. Little boys just ADORE their...
Ok, I was 99% sure I was done baby making ... starting to remember how much I loved the smell of baby breath ...
Yup ... just plain creepy!
Too funny!!! DS is always barking like a dog and bringing over his ball for me to throw for him to fetch He sticks his tongue out and pants and waits for you to say "good doggy" and pat him or rub his ears once he brings it back in his mouth!!