or Connect

Posts by H & J's Mom

My friend had a game night with family, they were playing MadGab (I think that's the name). She made up her own card to look like a game card and put it on the card. It's the game where what's on the card is not really words but it all sounds like what you're trying to say so you keep sounding it out until someone gets it. Hard to explain, but I thought it was a really cool way to tell their family
We're having the same issue with our 10 year old daughter. It's not a contant issue, but when she doesn't hear the answer she wants sometimes it's not pretty ... a lot of stomping off and snotty looks/remarks. She doesn't listen and argues quite loudly over us trying to finish talking to her (she doesn't hear much other than the NO before taking the fit). We've started arguing less - we have our say, and if she doesn't like it, fine, she can stomp off and have her...
I really wished I was more prepared for the delivery. All I ever heard about were the contractions and how much they hurt, never anything about the baby coming out. I was not prepared for the pain that came with pushing the baby out at all. I was really angry no one ever mentioned it. They also never mentioned how much hard work pushing was. It seemed all my friends pushed like three times and out pops a baby, which of course I was expecting to do. Three hours of...
Regarding the original post on showering together at that age, VERY innapropriate IMO. That makes me very uncomfortable as it would if the parent and child were to get naked and go to another room to be alone. Surely there must be other ways to share one on one/bonding time with their clothes on. Nice walk, game of cards, shopping .... I don't think the nudity is the problem, I think it is the situation.
I did not know that some people had issues with breastfeeding in general, that is very sad ... I have never ran into anyone who didn't embrace breastfeeding, I guess I'm just lucky. I do feel the lack of discreetness does hurt the cause. Not everyone is as comfortable with it as we would like, that's just how it is. Maybe the more often they see it and they see that it can be done discreetly the more acceptable it will become. I NIP when I needed to but I tried to...
My son stopped breastfeeding around 6 months, he didn't want it at all. I tried everything, if he did eat it was only for a few minutes and just because I kept putting it in his face I'm sure. I don't think he cried when I tried to feed him though, can't really recall. I even got my period back and started to dry up, but I kept trying until he was around 7.5 months before I clued in that he just wasn't interested anymore. He seemed to like a bottle of breastmilk...
Hi, I feel for you. I don't have the depression so much as the anxiety. I find B vitamins really help (I've heard evening primrose as well). I really notice a difference on the months that I slack in taking them regularly. I also notice a big difference with excercise, it really does help. Even just a brisk walk. I know sometimes it's hard to talk yourself into getting out but once your out walking in the fresh air I think you'll enjoy it. Good luck
Quote: Originally Posted by dbsam I saw your first post Not sure if this will help, but… My son's was never referred to as 'hidden penis' but he also had a large fat pad and his penis seemed partially, sometimes completely, lost. Regrettably he was circumcised but luckily it was a loose circ. Our pediatrician recommended we have him re-circed before he turned two; partially because of the loose circ and partially the ‘hidden’ penis. I was not...
Hi, my son has what's known as a hidden penis, I have to push down on the pubic fat pad to expose it. Otherwise it is hidden in his fat pad and looks like he has no penis. It's of normal size and functions fine but I worry that it my be hidden forever .... I worry about locker rooms, girlfriends, his own issues with it, etc. He is 19mnts old. We first had him to the urologist at about 6mnts to assess it and the Dr. said that as he started walking and thinning out it...