or Connect

Posts by H & J's Mom

My 2.5 yo is currently not eating It's been going on for a couple of weeks now ... can't even get him to take more than a few bites of his favorites!! Hoping he starts eating again soon ... I'm getting tired of making 3 or 4 different things just for him to say no thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by ziggyzaazaa Ya well thats the good stories, I remember once waking up to a leaked diaper and rubbing my eyes and face and looking around and then realizing I had chocolate all over my hands and the baby and blankets were a mess and EWWWWW it wasnt chocolate!!. After the realization of that, I have never let my baby sleep in poop again LOL. Too funny!! Made me think of the time DD came in in the morning saying mommy...
My babe is 2.5 years now but I saw this in new posts and had to laugh to myself. I can still remember getting up through the night with DS, changing his little butt, feeding him, and putting him back in his bassinett and like clock work he'd poop just as my head was hitting the pillow ... I always felt so bad but I just hated to wake a sleeping babe. If it's any consolation, often when he got up again it turned out it was just gas, to my relief. He'll be fine...
I second the MLS idea. There are lots of beautiful more rural places just outside of Halifax and Dartmouth. Not sure if you're a city girl or more rural minded or what you had in mind for commuting. On MLS you can probably search a radius of the number of KM's you are willing to travel to/from.
DD was scared of all men (except DH, my dad, and Dr.s) and she was particularly timid of FIL ... I don't remember the time frame but I would say maybe she started warming up around 2ish ... and now she's a Grampies girl on both sides!!
I have one of each I think for the most part it is simply personality. I’d have to disagree with most of the stereotypes with my kids … my girl didn’t whine more, my boy isn’t “bad”, DS likes momma to kiss it better just as much as DD did, etc. But from what I’ve seen there are definitely general boy and girl traits that fit most. A good example from our experience: We were at DS’s friend’s (a girl) 1year b’day party and he and his male cousin played around and...
I chose the few family and friends option. We married at my parent’s house in their yard with just moms/dads/sisters/brother/grandparents. But then we had a wide open party at the local hall. No invites, word of mouth and nothing fancy ... I never wanted a big wedding (hate being the center of attention) and my parents always said they would help pay for any wedding I chose but if we went small we could have the money they would have spent. Sooo, rather than spend...
I've done this a few times and just re-boiled it ... I can't imagine cooties surviving boiling water for hours ... My homemade turkey soup is DD favorite meal and she will eat it for days until it's gone ... she's never gotten sick from it but maybe we've just been lucky.
I had no fear at all for my first. I went to all the classes, watched all the tv shows, read all the books, etc. I was just really excited! After giving birth to my first (who I got pregnant with on the first try) I was terrified of ever doing it again. I finally got pregnant with #2 after 4.5 years of infertility (every fertility test come back ok) I am convinced it was a mental block because of my fear. I only got pregnant when I thought there was no hope and I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Unconventional1 I think she was referring to OPs comment about friends babies sleeping longer, not suggesting that she try formula! I know that ... just didn't want her to get discouraged. Sometimes sleep deprivation can cause us to try things we normally wouldn't. Formula is not necessarily why her friends kids sleep better/more than her's ... all LO's are unique