or Connect

Posts by H & J's Mom

Quote: Originally Posted by Hey Mama! I do not liked to be touched, even by family members it is sometimes hard especially when my kids drape themselves all over me. I feel terrible but sometimes I can't stand it when DH and DD are all over me trying to hug and cuddle. I feel so guilty sometimes but I can't help it. I'm so glad it's not just me ... Quote: Originally Posted by AFWife I have to have a little tub of lip balm...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna We're not talking worst case. Her OB has a 29% section rate. If he does any episiotomies at all, she's got at least a 1/3 chance of getting cut somewhere. Husbands have a say. They do not have a veto in my world. They have a say that can be considered. They have the right to present their side. They have a right to research and discuss. They have a right to express concerns. If they have valid concerns backed...
I feel a lot more comfortable with a hospital birth (for me). I think if it were reversed and DH was birthing our baby I would feel a lot better with him birthing in a hospital as well. As for your DP’s “at least for the first baby” reasoning … It was total shock for me when it came to giving birth to my first. I had read every book ever printed, did pre-natal classes, was the last of many friends to have a child, I thought I was well prepared … I was not prepared at...
Your example in your post described many family dinners with my sister's DD to a T. My sister has been struggling to figure her out since birth. A big part of her issues seem to be social anxiety ... but often times it would just be me, sis and our kids and she's have a crazy meltdown over anything, everything, and nothing. I hate to even say this but I found it very hard to be around ... or like her My sister finally talked DN into joining Brownies (sis tried for...
Totally reasonable request in our house. Whenever I'm trying to watch what I'm eating and DH says he's going to pick up a treat when he's out I simply ask him to get something I don't like but he does. BBQ cchips instead of Sour cream and Onion, for example. If he did have to get some of the treats I really like, I would ask that he get them in individual serving sizes (and not leave leftovers )
I just noticed your post in new posts, I know nothing about allergies ... Just thought she may be teething if nothing in her diet has changed and she has also started waking frequently. Her cheeks look just like DS's teething cheeks and the rash he'd get on his chin from all of the drool.
Quote: Originally Posted by sunkissedmumma67 HELL NO! Men who want to date girls are always loser's who usually cant get or make a relationship work with women. So they go for young girls who don't expect as much and tend to settle for less. I find it disturbing that you would make such a harsh statement about a lot of people you've never met ... including DH and I.
DH and I have been together for 17 years, we started dating right after my 17th b'day, he was 20. He was certainly more sexually experience than me, but then again, he started when he was 12 ... He is an amazing DH and father. I'm sure my parents worried about him as much as they would have with anyone else no matter the age. I'm not sure why parents would automatically feel more comfortable with a 17, 18, 19 ... year old without meeting him. My DH had all of his...
Quote: Originally Posted by Violet2 DD is 16 months and 36" tall and 31 lbs. She's as tall as a 2 1/2 year old and as heavy as a 3yo according to the ped charts. I have a 27 mos old toddler who is close to your DD's size. He is a little more than 36" tall and is about 33-34lbs and he is far from needing a diet. Your DD just sounds like she is a little bigger than some her age ... babies come in all different sizes, just like the rest of us....
Quote: Originally Posted by doulajewla yeah i didnt think the nix or rid worked b/c of resistance so i was reluctant to use it plus i dont like the chemicals. ive nit picked multiple times a day washed everything after they sleep on it (have 2 loads going right now lol) and sprayed the mattresses with the nix mixed with water, not like it will work but ive also sprayed with TTO and peppermint oil and lavendar and rosemary. So last night we did the nix,...