or Connect

Posts by H & J's Mom

I assume you’ve googled the subject as well, everything I found said not to bother with an exterminator (since they don’t live very long at all without a host) but to definitely wash all of the bedding, hat’s, shirts, etc in hot water and dry with heat until the infestation is gone. I think the big reason they would keep coming back would be that you missed a few nits in her hair (would be very easy to do) and the remedy didn’t kill them. Possibly some nits were not...
I agree with the PP's, you sister sounds a bit immature for a grown woman. I'm not sure what to tell you as far as fixing the situation ... maybe just ask her if she'd prefer you didn't invite her along if she's not able to sit up front. Maybe plan a couple of trips for just you and sis ...
Quote: Originally Posted by doulajewla We have lice and it started beginning of january...so we did peppermint oil mixed with olive oil followed up with dr bronners tea tree oil shampoo/soap. the next day we had no nits and no live lice. we treated everyone this way for about 2 weeks, we did the oils, soaps, and blow drying everyday. we stayed lice free UNTIL i stopped doing all of that. i stopped on a friday. by monday my little one had it again. i did...
Quote: Originally Posted by karemore My mother came here every week and spent time with DD, so it was natural when I was ready to leave DD, I left her with my mom. Since nobody else was willing to come allow my dd and myself to be comfortable with them, nobody else babysat. (not even my sister) Quote: Originally Posted by Swan3 ITA with the above! My Mom makes the effort, comes over (on TRANSIT 1.5 hours EACH WAY) and...
I lost around 60lbs years ago and it took a long time for my brain to "get" my smaller size FWIW I don't think you need to be overweight to have body issues, I think pretty much everyone I know has a "problem area" they don't like, even though they look perfect to me. I had days when I felt like I looked great when I was over 200lbs and days when I felt like a fat cow at my ideal weight. I've come a long way in accepting the fact that how I feel about myself has...
I thought it's be a long shot Hopefully some other momma's who've been in your situation have some good ideas for you.
I'm so sorry, just the thought of being seperated from my kids makes my heart ache, I can't image what you are going through I don't know how you are financially but if you could do it without support from your ex, maybe that would be an option ... since you said one of the reasons he wants 50/50 custody is to lower support payments.
I think the direct approach is best. If she's anything like my MIL, it might take a few (hundred) times of repeating it for it to sink in but just keep being direct (but kind). MIL drove me nuts wanting to feed DD, it started when she was barely 2mos old. We'd be eating supper and she'd be like, oh, poor DD, can't she at least have a string bean (or whatever we were eating) to suck on ... ugh. When she was old enough to eat, she always wanted to do up her supper plate,...
We all carry two different hair color, eye color, etc genes. You get one gene for each thing from both parents, some are dominant some recessive. In order for a recessive gene to appear you must have received it from both parents. So if you have red hair (which is recessive) that means you got that gene from your mom and from your dad and is the only hair color gene you have. That is the hair color gene you will pass onto your kids. You can also carry the red hair...
DD is going on 11 and currently has her own email we set up together so I do have the password (which she knows). DD is very open with us about everything, she usually forwards all the emails she gets to our address anyway. There have been a few incidents with some DD has received or sent that we've had to go in and look at. I've always asked her first or she's asked me to come and look. If she asks when she's older to change the PW and such, I don't think that...