or Connect

Posts by H & J's Mom

It sounds like it could be a couple of things to me. DS has the worst time getting to sleep when he's teething ... he can be exhausted but just can't get to sleep no matter what. He does ok sleeping through the night, but the odd time he wakes up with teething, he has a hard time getting back to sleep (we've worn out 3 rocking chairs and now have an outdoor patio swing in our living room ... the best idea I ever had!!!) We're working on the last of his 2yr molars and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Oliver'sMom I also realized this morning that he's getting 4 new teeth in! Why am I not surprised?! It seems without fail that when things run amuk teething is involved. I should just look at his mouth closely from the get go! I was going to reply to check for 2 year molars We're almost done with them (yeah!!!) and all I can say it that DS was a totally different child at times during the last couple of months...
I have a soon to be 11yo DD and agree with the modeling behavior theory. We talk about healthy bodies, eating healthy, exercise, hygiene, etc. rather than focus on weight/size. I’ve always been very comfortable/confident about myself/my appearance (or try to appear so if I’m not quite feeling it) and try to make sure DD sees that. I like to look nice and so does DD and I think it’s important not to dismiss this either. I don’t really think sheltering her from media...
We never wanted our kids close together for many reasons ... we had tried for a 4 year gap but ended up TTC for 4.5 years before DS. DD and DS are 8.5 years apart. I love our age gap and can't imagine it any other way It seems like this is what most are saying no matter what the age gap. Probably once you have another precious LO in your arms you won't be able to image it any other way.
Nope. Quite the opposite. DS slept great until we tried solids, then he started getting up with gas and tummy troubles at night. He ended up not really eating too much for solids until he was around 9 mos or so and could handle them.
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan And this is exactly why we shouldn't go off at people about parenting--she came to the situation late, made a snap judgment, and ended up being a total UAV to a mom who had already had a hard time. This is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading the OP ... thought I better read through before replying it in case it was already mentioned OP - I don't think there is anything wrong with how you...
We're waiting for me to feel 100% sure that we're done. I'm pretty sure I don't want anymore, I feel soooo blessed and content ... I just can't say for sure that next month, year, 3 years from now, etc I won't change my mind and want another so we're holding off on the big V for now. Mind you last month I thought I was pregnant and it freaked me out completely and I'm feeling a lot closer to 100% sure than I had been ...
I really like The Magic School Bus ... even I learn things when we watch it. DS and I like Arthur and Franklin and DS likes Dora and Bo On The Go but that's about it. We try to stay away from the TV other than first thing in the morning and when DS hasn't napped and needs to chill ... in that case anything will do
Quote: Originally Posted by Pagan_princess I would hate to think of what would happen if she lost that thing. She threw up on it last year and it had to be washed. I'm serious, she hovered over the washingmachine and dryer the entire time that I had the darn thing. Too cute Reminds me of trying to wash DD's blankie. It always had to be well planned (couldn't be during nap time, bedtime, quiet time, etc.) and she was quite stressed until she...
Both of mine had/have special blankies. We made a rule when DD was old enough to understand (I think around 2.5-3yo) that it was for home only. We had way too many close calls with it getting lost. And a few too many times we had to run out late at night when it was forgotten at Nanny's or somewhere ... she couldn't sleep without it. We use to think she'd have it forever but she ended up giving it up right around age 5 when there was nothing but a few strings left. ...