or Connect

Posts by H & J's Mom

Quote: Originally Posted by annran I got lots of strtchmarks in puberty and really wished I knew how to avoid them by taking care of my skin. I also got loads more in my pregnancies, although I tried the commonly suggested ones. The one I got a lot of help from is here- it faded most of my pregnancy marks, and working on the 20yr old marks too. They arent disappearing, but have faded about 50%. Its expensive, but its organic- and maybe she'll not need...
I'm in the planning schmanning camp. I never wanted my kids close together ("planned" for about 4 years). After 4.5 years of infertility DS joined us. I cannot imagine it any other way!!! We got to thoroughly enjoy DD for 8.5 years and she got our undivided attention as well. Now DS not only gets plenty of our undivided he has the added bonus of an awesome big sis DD also is a big help for me. I try not to put a lot of responsibility for her brother onto her...
It always amazes me on here how some assume so much from a simple question. I’m not sure what gave some the idea that I haven’t discussed the fact that they are perfectly natural, lots of people have them, they fade with time, etc with DD. I am not frantic to cover them up or making her feel ashamed of them … I am quite aware of the delicate nature of body image with DD. I didn’t think there was any harm in looking into a way to avoid or minimalize them during...
I hope this is the right spot to put this thread. I am looking for advice on preventing streatch marks for my DD during puberty. Two big ones just showed up on the side of her butt cheeks and I'm sure they are just the first of many. DD is 10.5 and is in the midst of puberty. I think things are going to start happening pretty fast. She has breasts; not buds, she is just over 5ft tall and 100lbs, no period yet but we're expecting it anytime now. She is not...
Sounds kind of like a day with my MIL. Don't have much advice on what to say ... I always say he's happy, just leave him. She stops for a moment and then moves onto pestering him about something else : She is a lovely MIL in most ways but this drives me up the wall ... no matter how much I try to just bear with it for the visit. I agree with you, as long as it's not dangerous, I have no problem with him playing with or investigating anything. It doesn't seem...
Welcome I was in the exact same boat for 4.5 years and then along came DS. Don't give up hope. I can't imagine if things were any different!!!! Lots of Luck!!!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by MaterPrimaePuellae I find this pretty strange. I hope that by the time my DD is having sex she is at least enough of an adult to be able to swing $5 for a box of condoms. I bought my own tampons from 13 on. Seriously, I find all of the condom-dispensing programs a bit odd. They are handing them out at the college where I teach all the time. None of these people seems to have a problem keeping their cell phones paid for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aubergine68 Is anyone else reading this thread, and the many very thoughtful replies, and thinking "What is this sacred privacy of which they speak?' Or is it just me? I think for me a good example of sacred privacy would writing a diary or journal of private thoughts , putting a lock on it, writing PRIVATE on the cover and then being able to feel secure that NO ONE would read it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrsboyko Notice the awful hairline? It looked like she was wearing a toupee till she was about 1 y/o. And this was right before the "worst case of baby acne ever" (aka, food allergies) hit. http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=DSCF0023.jpg She had funky eyes (almost Asian looking, we are very white) and her hands were really wide, like boxing gloves. http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t=DSCF0018.jpg But now at...
Quote: Originally Posted by feminist~mama I'm dying to see pictures of some of these "funny looking kids"! I honestly think that it's likely that you're not objective at all and that your baby is gorgeous! Me too!!