or Connect

Posts by prairiebird

This is a timely post. I have the same issue, though I don't know if some of these techniques would work. My dad and my aunt are both around 70 and call me nearly every day. My dad calls me daily to tell me about whatever Rachael Ray had on her show that day. If I don't answer, he'll call back about 5 times and call my cell phone thinking I'm dead or something. I've told him over and over that sometimes I'm just very busy, but it's just one of those things. I...
I love that you are sharing your blogs! I don't have one yet. I'm still getting used to being online without dealing with dial up; I don't know how I survived without DSL . We are just chugging along here. I'm doing a lot of cleaning and figuring out homeschool schedules and their religious studies. ($300 this year for their religion classes, ugh. It's way more expensive near the city!) My son won a YMCA membership for 3 months for the whole family through...
Quote: Originally Posted by CorasMama how do you entertain/soothe the baby while you pump a bajillion times a day? Twice I've tried to pump today, and gotten as far as the beginning of the second let-down, and she's required my full attention. I tried giving her a binkie, and tried sitting next to her for a minute (I was wearing my hands-free pump bra, and one time, a full bottle of milk fell off and spilled everywhere. aaargh.) How is this supposed...
Quote: Originally Posted by **mom2one** I was at Walmart tonight and found: Crayola crayons for 30 cents or the other brand (forget what is called right now) for 20 cents! 10 pk of BIC pens for $1, composition notebooks for 25 cents, gluesticks - 6pk/$1, 3 prong folders with front and back pockets - 15 cents! I love buying "school" supplies! The only problem I have is keeping DD out of them until we are ready to use them - she thinks she should use...
I'm really glad you all are confirming what I was suspecting. I was just sort of shocked when she was going on about it, because she seemed to be quoting all the misinformation I've heard. She thankfully has not forced any sort of retraction, so that's good. She just said the "hole was getting too small." I'm wondering if travel out-of-the-way for a ped, if that would help? We only have two peds in our county that take the medical card, so when I switched, I...
Um, I'm kind of freaking out here, because I did my research and although my oldest two boys are circumcised, my current infant son is not. I have had no problems at all. He's seen the same doctor off and on since birth. We went in for a 4 month check up and she says, "You have to take him to get circumcised. See how small the hole is for his urethra? It's shrinking and soon the foreskin will be too tight and it will close and he'll need emergency surgery or have...
Thank you for all the suggestions! I'm going to take all your ideas sort it all out on paper with little stick figures I think because I'm a visual person. I'll take a look at all the seats suggested too.
I looked at a lot of threads and I'm confused, but everyone seems very knowledgeable, so I thought I throw this question out there. Now that my husband has finally landed a new job, I want to work on savings for fixing our carseat situation, because frankly, I've been a nervous wreck about things. I have 6 kids to fit in a 2006 grand caravan. I am looking for advice on what to buy to improve their seating. I am currently going on advice from a carseat check while...
We're having a bit of a confusing time now. Originally, I had hoped for 7 children. I have been blessed with 6 now, and my last is 4 months old now. My pregnancy was completely uneventful other than a bout with the stomach flu requiring hospitalization during the winter. (this happens every time for some wonderful reason). I had an awful c-section for a footling breech baby that would just not turn, and the recovery from that was awful. We decided afterward that...
We just did the same this year. HWT with no teachers manual. My son pretty much did the whole thing on his own over the course of the year.