or Connect

Posts by kcummins-bakko

Thanks for the thoughts, it helps just hearing from other mamas! We do use Hyland's teething tablets and I have given him Tylenol on rare occassions (I gave it to him last night but that was one of the worst nights yet so it did not seem to help too much). We used a pacifier for about three weeks when he was really little. I have thought about giving it back to him but he seems to just like to shake it rather than putting it in his mouth. Anway, I think we can make it...
This is hilarious, I am gald to hear I am not alone. Ds is nine months+ and I still leak all the time. Through my shirts, bras a night, the whole bit. I cannot stand it but what can you do!! I hope it will end soon :
My 9 month old ds is gnawing at my nipples. He bit me a few days ago and broke the skin. We have had a few *really* rough nights to go along with this too. I am so sore and he keeps nursing throughout the *whole* night. My back hurts, my nipples hurt, I am a mess. And, we are hoping to find a way to cut down on the every fifteen minute wakings to nurse because I feel like I am going insane!!!!! I used to sit up in bed and nurse him but now I just lay there and let...
We have a book by Molly West, Handbound Books made from scratch. There is a website www.mollywest.com. I just really like the way it looks, it is not too cutesy. Ours is blue and blue plaid with a cool ribbon. Plus, it is not too big business made like some can be. And, there is not too much junk to fill out. Good luck!
We went camping with our then 8 month old ds. We had sooo much fun. The only down side was that he was having such a great time, he did not want to nap and then bedtime was a little bit hard since he was over-tired. We used a sheep-skin instead ofa therma-rest type mattress, it worked great. I agree that car camping is a good way to start rather than trecking in some where but I think anything is possible and it can be great fun. It also helps when the babes are young...
Hi, I have little wisdom for you, just wanted to say that we went through this too. When our ds was six months, he got his first teeth and was learning to get around a little bit on his own. Both are two reasons he would not sleep well. We co-sleep too and decided it was a sign we needed to go to bed when ds did, it seemed to work well and we all got more rest . It can seem like if it is not one thing, it is another, teething, crawling, walking, the list will go on. I...
I am hoping my mom will be returing from Australia with a pair of Buskins for my ds. I asked for a pair of the brown sandal types. They are a little bit less than RObeez and will match everything. A friend of my mentioned she had gotten a pair of these Hanna Andersson shoes that are soft and were more like $15(www.hannaandersson.com I think). I do have to add that it is worth the money to get shoes that won't harm their natural feet development and because RObeez, etc....
I say keep trying. It can take a while to find a group of like-minded mamas but once you do, it can be so much fun. I go to a few and I quit going to one a while ago because I did not like the philosophies of some of the women. But the ones I still go to have kept me sane and entertained and learning. Another suggestion I have is going to the library if your local library has a story hour. I started taking my son when he was only 3 months old and he has grown into it,...
Thanks for the websites. I am actually in the Asherman's yahoo group from the Ashermans.org website already. I should clarify, I have had the hysteroscopy for the diagnosis by a reproductive endocrinologist. He did remove some adhesions at that time. The estrogen, routinely prescribed after hysteroscopy, is to help my uterus heal after the procedure. I will have another hysteroscopy in a month to see how things have healed and if they can get rid of more scar tissue...
Hi, I have had a horrible day and I need some advice. I was just diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome, scarring of the uterus, which may make me infertile. As part of my treatment, I am supposed to take estrogen suppositories every day for a month and possibly longer. I know it could reduce my milk supply. My nine month old ds is almost exclusively breast fed. I am havign such a hard time with this because I had no intentions of weaning him. I wanted to do self-led...