or Connect

Posts by mum06

I'm guessing that most people breastfeed normally and don't know exactly how many ounces of milk they produce.  They nurse on demand, like I used to be able to do, and know that their bodies will make sufficient milk as long as the baby gets to nurse for as long as they need.    I decided that the stress of not producing enough milk made the 5-HTP irrelevant and I am happier knowing that my bottles are overflowing.  Any time I feel funky, I will take one dose.  But I...
I love my clothesline.  I live in the PNW, so it rains enough here I can't use it all the time though.  We sunk a permanent 4 by 4 post in the yard and installed a six line system that ends at the house.  Our goal was big, sturdy, and long-lasting and so far so good!  When our family was smaller, we could get away with one line strung between trees, but it sagged in the middle.  When our family was middle-sized, we used the umbrella spinner from the box store.  They only...
How old is your older?  How can she help you? Even young kids, like in the three year old age, can be very helpful.   I have seven kids ranging in age from 11 to 4 months.  My first two were only 15 months apart, so none of my kids ever got me all to themselves.  My oldest daughter is 8 years old now.  She and I, and all my kids really, have bonded with their siblings through care and play and helping me.    But I totally get what you mean about the new normal.  I'm...
Did you make the appointment?   Don't be scared! You are brave for doing what you need to do to be the mom your kids need!   You are not alone either.  So many of us are just like this, myself included.  I was having a great day today, sat out in the sun with my little ones playing around me, but by lunch I started slipping back into the dark place and wondering why I even had kids in the first place.   I'm not a doctor (nor do I play one on TV), so I can't tell you...
I've read all the posts and website out here about the safety of 5-HTP while breastfeeding, so the safety issue is not what I'm wondering about.   Has anyone experienced the suppression of lactation while taking it? I am struggling to produce enough- I pump exclusively, so I know how much I make at each pumping.  I can't function without my 5-HTP, but it seems to be affecting my milk supply.  Anyone else have this happen?  I wish I could switch to formula at this point,...
I homeschool my kids...I have seven now...and they range in age from almost twelve on down to the three month old baby.  I used to be a RoboMom that could happily pack up six kids and spend the entire day doing field trips and errands and fun stuff.  But halfway through this last pregnancy, I hit a wall.   It all started when my "friend" became my ex-friend because our dog (that we had had for two years) is half pit.  Totally out of the blue.  Her sons were best friends...
Shame on anyone who attacks you on this forum!  It's common for new moms (and by new, I mean having kids less than five years old) to be judgmental.  I know I was far more judgmental when I was younger and had only two or three kids.  There is nothing quite like TIME to cure us of that...   I'm on my seventh baby in 11 years.  I totally hear ya.  I've been the mom that had a baby so attached I had to sit on a pallet at Costco and breastfeed with a cart full of food while...
Is she teething? Many times I've just had to go with the flow and the answer presents itself in the form of new teeth...or a cold...or a growth spurt... This is a conversation I've had with my husband more times than I can count:   Him: What wrong? Is it X? Is it Y? Did he/she swallow something sharp? Oh my god, I bet he/she swallowed a tack or a coin.  Or a battery.  Me: Does is matter? He/she is going to keep crying whether you know the answer or not.  And no, he/she...
I have a very defiant, self-confident, dominant 3 1/2 yo boy.  He will certainly grow up to be the leader of whatever he chooses to do with his life.  He is my eighth child, so he seriously annoys my older children with his demands.  I'm so thankful that he wasn't my first child.  My job is to teach him how to use his powers for good and not for evil.  Sometimes that includes expecting first time obedience to those in authority over him because unless he becomes the Ruler...
Really, don't worry about those tests.  The unscrewing jar thing made me laugh.  Like I want my toddler getting up on the counter and getting into the peanut butter!