or Connect

Posts by wishin'&hopin'

Great sweater vest!!!!  I have been crazy busy with work and the kiddos--so have mostly been in lurker mode.  DS2 will be 7 months old in a couple of days (!) and is currently: around 17 pounds 28ish inches has been sitting for quite awhile (unsupported) still hates being on his belly  loves to stand/walk supported pulled himself up today loves to eat, and is now pretty proficient at self feeding (crude pincer grasp) we do a mix of puree/finger foods (the puree...
Wool socks stay on better than mittens (the long cuff!)
Asking the SLP is on the docket for this week :)
Hi, I have a 3.5 year old with mild apraxia.  His speech has improved immensely over the past year of speech therapy--he is almost entirely understandable to us (parents) and maybe 60 percent to strangers.  But, my question isn't about apraxia, but what seems to be a verbal stim.  He has a "happy babble" that's been going on for at LEAST 18 months.  It's a sort of cheerful, babbling noise (sometimes with gestures like he's story telling--the gestures are a new addition)....
So, noticed the new topic headers (e.g. "baby") and was wondering if there was any conversation about the choice to head a section "mom".  There are active forum members who don't necessarily identify with the parenting title "mom" and it would be great if that section could be headed something like "parents".  Yes, I know the site is "Mothering" but that's connected to the history of the print magazine, and is part of the branding--but, the header "mom" does not have that...
We have a 3 y/o that's been raised vegetarian.  And, he's fine.  And, all solids (under the age of 1) are just for fun.  Not sure where your pediatrician is getting her information, but, quite frankly, she's wrong.   From the Baylor College of Medicine website (which says babies need .55 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day (so 16 grams for a 29 pound toddler)    "A one-ounce serving of cheese, a cup of milk, an extra-large egg, two tablespoons of peanut...
Escher--as much as preschool presents its own challenges scheduling wise, we have found overall that it is something that our son very much enjoys, it gives him time to be 3 with a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds, and it gives him a break from having to organize his life around his brother's schedule (or having me organize his life around his bro's schedule).  The major issue is the 2 days of the week when the baby's naps are messed up from having to take/pick up big bro from...
esenbee2, I second the urging to call your kiddo's doctor.  Please.  
Loving the photos and news--especially this group's multiples since a good friend is expecting twins soon and it gives me a hint of what they may look/be like (so happy for her and can't wait to meet the kiddos--she's almost 36 weeks).  My kiddos are doing well.  Big boy started preschool (speech group one day a week, regular preschool three days a week and Sunday School too) and that's been a big change.  I know he really enjoys preschool--and with the baby, it's nice for...
Isa--we transitioned DS1 to a toddler bed with a rail (from Ikea) at 21 months--the rail goes about 1/2 way down the side of the bed.  We made sure the room was safe and put a baby gate up in the doorway.  We kept our bedtime routine exactly the same but since he was dropping his nap at that point (yes, cry for us) he was so dang exhausted at bedtime that he didn't wander.  Now (age 3) he sleeps in a twin bed in his room (it was SUPPOSED to be the parental desperation move...