or Connect

Posts by wishin'&hopin'

Um, doctor.  Benadryl is an allergy medication and will do crap for coughs and sore throat.  So, unless the sore throat is from post nasal drip from allergies...it's not going to do anything except make your kid sleep.  Honey works better (in actual studies) than anything else for cough (children over the age of 1 ONLY).  
Seraf--one of the "risk" factors for UTI in male babies is being uncirced (which is why they want to cath him to check--it's "medically indicated".  However, they do NOT need to retract him to cath him...and there are alternatives for clean catch).  Keep in mind too, for those considering circumcision, UTIs, even in uncirced male babies are really rare--SO rare that DW has never seen an uncircumcised baby w/ a UTI (she's a family practice doc) but HAS seen babies w/...
How 'bout sensory bins (ya know, bin of dry rice or beans w/ scooping/pouring implements) or play dough for parallel play?     sorry, double post weirdness...
How 'bout sensory bins (ya know, bin of dry rice or beans w/ scooping/pouring implements) or play dough for parallel play?  
Essenbee--Congratulations!!!!  We cross posted so I missed your announcement.     Escher--We're Going on a Bear Hunt (huge favorite still); and Tumble Bumble (the same woman who does If You Give a Mouse a Cookie).
Wow!  I don't look at MDC for 24 hours and the board explodes!  Congrat's to Bigfoot and Mrs!!!!  I love the cake idea...and think waiting 'till you see heartbeats is probably a good idea (grow beans, grow!).  Max--continuing to think about you and all those who will be ushering your little into the world!     Okay, I think I know what thread is being referred to RE gender roles in parenting (specifically around nursing) and I find the whole thing pretty infuriating...
Big and Mrs--It was recommended that we not have sex the first trimester b/c DW had a small subchorionic (sp?) bleed and the RE thought that orgasm could cause spotting and that would be upsetting for us.  So, we didn't...the midwife (who we saw at 10 weeks) thought this was silly.  However, we still abstained.   Cananny--fingers crossed.  I would be really nervous too in your circumstances--does it help to remember that for the surgeon this is a routine surgery?...
Desert--I forgot to thank you for your amazing tutorial!!!  Awesome! Max-baited breath and best wishes to your kiddo to be, his/her birth family and you and DP!!!
Our used to eat anything and everything toddler is going through a seriously picky phase...much to my chagrin!  One of the things he enjoys are quesadillas--I put a thick shmear of beans, a sprinkle of cheese, and then either diced or shredded veggies (not a ton, but enough that I can feel like he's eaten a veggie).  He also enjoys diced tofu cubes--even more so if he can eat them skewered (w/ a little soy sauce to dip).  Salmon patties are another protein food that he...
Pokey--Motherhood Maternity has some "slacks" as my mother would have called them that may work for you.  You could also try the Pea in a Pod line at motherhood maternity (looks like they have a pair of cuffed tweed trouser sort of pants that may work).  I had to wear "nice" pants when pregnant and found a pair of black pants that were dressy enough for my purposes at Motherhood (just try to ignore the fact that their pregnant pants models all are wearing heels...).  ...