or Connect

Posts by AKislandgirl

Prayers Mal! So many thoughts and prayers for you!
Erin I watched the video yesterday! Loved it! And just did my preorder for your new book! So excited to read it!!! I have to admit I have a lot of mis- giving about leaving Alaska if it comes down to it. If only we had more money to get down to family more often. Or if they would suck it up and ever visit us!!! I asked my mom if she thought my dad might come up for a visit this year. "Well, if you were going to be there long term then maybe but traveling is hard for him"...
Great article Coutney! Love it!! Nilla!!! Yeah for babies! So excited for you guys! :) Nice to have a fellow preggo Mama in the group!! Can't wait to watch the video Erin!! Starling- The camp sounds fantastic! One year I'll make it happen! A mandolin sounds like such fun to learn to play! Mal- So hard to be in that position at work!! Are you still trying to find a way to get into O's school?  So excited about your new house!! Cindy- glad you had a good...
After my frustrating post from yesterday I totally regrouped and made some changes to my interactions with Fiona. I'm realizing being tired and hormonal has me reacting in ways I don't like. So I nipped it in the bud and went back to our old way- noticing the good, thank you for helping, using humor to get her out of her funks... We had a much better afternoon. We curled up on the couch for a bit during Maeve's nap and "told stories from your heart" which is one of her...
Hi guys! I've been a little quiet. Busy and sick kids and DH.  Everyone is on the mend now. F is a huge challenge to me right now. Bossy and doesn't ever listen to me. It's so hard to remain calm in the moment when I just want to scream. I'm not really sure how to handle her right now. We have started to do time outs which is new for our family. But if she is going to hit me- she needs to get to a place by herself so that I can calm down let alone her. When she is...
Shared on facebook
I would love to see a blog post about the importance of nature education.
Oh Man, Courtney. Sorry things are so rough. You are one of the strongest Mama's I know. Sorry you have to be. It is so nice having DH home. Life is just smoother. Dinner/bedtimes/chores, etc... And of course its just good to have our family together. We are trying to plan our trip south. Looking like we'll take 3 weeks. 2 weeks with my family then a week to camp or stay in a cabin someplace. Just to do something since this is our one trip off the island for the year....
Hi Mamas! DH will be home in 4 more sleeps! I'll be so glad to get him home. The kids woke up sick today. Fiona with a high fever (104) and Maeve with the runs. Good grief. These last few weeks have been a real test! DH has agreed to meet with the midwife when he gets home to do a consult. He's still so freaked out about a home birth but has promised to really learn the facts about how its done and what she can and can't do. I explained that it wasn't fair to make...
Pretty quiet here lately. Hope everyone is enjoying a happy and busy summer! I'm in the thick of solo parenting. Dh gets home on the 7th only to turn around again about a week later to get back on a boat for a week. I won't lie. It's been really hard. I'm dealing with a lot more morning sickness this time around. Really looking forward to 2nd trimester when I will hopefully feel better and have more energy.  We have had so much sunshine this summer its quite strange....