or Connect

Posts by AKislandgirl

I'm so excited. I have just found a Suzuki violin teacher for Fiona. We'll start after our vacation next month. The woman will come to our house once a week for half an hour. Fiona has been wanting to play a violin for a long time. We'll buy her a violin down south during our trip. Cuteness!   Hope everyone is doing well! Lots of sun in Kodiak these past few days. The garden and kids are happy! DH will be home in less then 2 weeks. Woot Woot!
Holy Cow! Just read the description of the 3.5 year old! Spot On! Tank you for resharing that Cindy!
Erin- wouldn't that be awesome! Hmm... will have to look at ferry schedule. If we don't do it this summer I really would love to at some point! Really love this idea!
Hearing that your littles are also having meltdowns makes me feel so much better. I know that part of this button pushing thing going on this week especially is because DH is out of town. She misses him and is doing her best to control SOMETHING. Knowing is great, dealing with it with more grace is another. I'm working on it. Man, that girl knows how to push my buttons though!   Courtney, I still say you are a brave woman! I can't imagine Fiona attending a sleep...
concoctions- yep, just random Kitchen ingredients. Cinnamon is a hit because she likes how it smells! I let her experiment with anything edible really.    I know that she is a bit out of sorts with DH gone but the whining and crying over every.little.thing has got to stop. I'm going to snap! I hate that I think this about my own child, but I find myself so frustrated with her sometimes! I wonder why she has to be so intense and sensitive. It's not fair to her- it's...
Making meals! You can tell that E is a daughter of a chef!   My mom sends F cards sometimes with $1. She thinks its pretty cool and likes to use it to pay for our groceries or for a movie at blockbuster. I don't think we will do an allowance- I never had one. If I needed $ for something I just asked for it. I may or may not have had to do something extra around the house to earn it- sort of depended. And I didn't always get it when I asked either.   Fiona plays...
I realize our kiddos aren't really "toddlers" anymore but I read this today and found it a great reminder.   http://theparentingpassageway.com/2011/06/28/guest-post-meaningful-work-for-toddlers/   I have to say that age 3 is so hard for us. I miss the twos! But as the article talks about- engaging her in real meaningful work in the house really does help a lot.   What are you guys up to these days? Here are some of the things that have helped...
never feel guilty about chocolate!
Everr: so glad your new job is fun and you like it! Woot Woot!   Cindy: Those hidden trails sound cool!   AFU: We have begun our solo gig. It's just the girls and me until June 28th. Wish me luck! My babysitter isn't going to work out after all. She is on vacation and then got accepted to this naval academy camp. Great for her and all that but I'm bummed not to have any kind of break for this whole month. So wish we had family near by. I have one friend who has...
Sorry Courtney. I hope someone was able to help her. Can't even imagine a food fight birthday party!!