or Connect

Posts by AKislandgirl

Erin: Your list is just about everything we've been working on for the garden! :)    Starling: SO glad to hear you had a great time. You are a busy woman. How did E do with you being away?   Caffeine- yes please. Must drink coffee daily. I gave it up for my pregnancy with Fiona but not Maeve. They were pretty close in size with M being a few ounces over. I drink a couple mugs full every morning and often some earl gray tea in the afternoon.   Swimming- We...
Everr: boyfriends and jobs and grades! Woot Woot! That is a lot and you should be proud! Glad R thought bus guy was beautiful! :) Too cute!   Courtney: Yeah for the win!   Cindy: Love Gemma Rose! Pretty!   Erin: I wish I could say my garden is in and growing but in the next few days i will be able to. We got a late start this year and had to rethink the plan anyway. No carrot, potatoes or peas for us! Also the garlic that we planted in the fall is up.  Hoping...
re "no": I too am working on this! 3 year olds are so strong willed aren't they?!   kate: DH does work for NOAA- fisheries biologist.   Great to hear your update. Hope the week alone goes smoothly. I'm gearing up for it again next week. This time for a month. Not ideal but it is what it is. Times likes these I wish I had family around though.   Cindy: Totally got those weird side aches with walking during M's pregnancy too! Such a bummer. I decided it was ok...
Have to brag on baby Maeve.  We've been doing EC and in the last few days she's started signing potty to let me know she has to go. I'm blown away.    Happy Summer Vacation Mal!   congrats on the job Everr! Hope that your child care situation comes together. Sounds tough.   Pictures: There is a woman here that I really want to do pictures with. I want family pictures but not sure I can talk DH into it. At the very least I may just say we are doing me and the...
Nilla: what you said makes so much sense! Since we are just diving in and seeing a bit of progress I really don't want to undo our humble beginnings! We'll probably end up packing something... she can still do dairy so getting ice cream should help! :)   Gorgeous sunshine today. Heading to a playground with some friends later in the morning. I'm hoping the sun sticks around for the festival- especially parade day.
Courtney, smiling thinking bout you getting ready to "fall" off of your bed. Hope you win the contest! you were ahead by quite a bit when I voted for your fabulous picture!!   AFU: We are doing pretty well here. F's changes are subtle but the most exciting and unexpected benefit to getting her off of these foods is that she hasn't peed her pants in over a week. I know both Erin and Nilla mentioned allergies when I've talked about her frequent potty accidents but I'm...
NAK   Everr: that sounds so stressful! I hope everything works out for you.   Still muddling through meals around here. I have to read labels so carefully and have made a couple of mistakes. It's hard with so many foods of limits.   I went to a baby shower yesterday with just Maeve for 3 hours. It was so nice to have a break from Fiona. She's such an intense kid and having DH away is hard. I was happy to leave her with Dh and head out to recharge for a bit....
love the cat pool! LOL!    Great to hear bedtimes are going pretty well for folks! I still have to lie down with F until she falls asleep- most nights its pretty quick though. Some nights she'll listen to her Winnie the Pooh audio cd with DH though and fall asleep with him which is glorious! :)   Mal and Everr: yeah for summer break! Hope the job hunt ends with the bakery gig E! That would be awesome!  Your me time sounds amazing!   DH came home last night a...
Cindy- funny huh. The comments on that thread sort of cracked me up. I was thinking- um, its me only in a different location!    Everr: Loved the soccer pictures! Too stinking cute! I would love to see the swarm of kids after the ball! :) Hilarious!   One more sleep until DH is home! So excited to see him. I can't wait to process this whole allergy thing with him. I feel like I'm still wrapping my head around it. It's weird to me that he still has no clue about...
Thank you for all the support regarding the allergy issues. I know we'll get the hang of it. Nilla- pm away. I'd love to hear anything you've got for me!   Kate: Fiona has always been a water drinker. But maybe to make Aubrey more into she can pick out a new water bottle?