or Connect

Posts by AKislandgirl

Hi! This will be my third. I had a loss a few months ago but my gut tells me this one will stick. Hope I'm right! My girls were conceived with the help of clomid (and IUI for my first) so we were pretty surprised to learn that I started ovulating on my own! Yeah! Lots of changes in the works for my family- with a possible move out of Alaska. Still a lot unknown on that front. I am a SAHM. We loosely homeschool (oldest only 4), and are very much AP parents. Cosleeping,...
I like the Sears books, Love Ina May Gaskin, and also The Birth Partner by Penny Simpkin. I'll reread that closer to my DD. I also used hypnobabies for my last birth and will be rereading and listening to those tracks again. Seriously, loved it. DH could barely tell I was having contractions!
EDD 2/28... 4 weeks tomorrow! I have 2 girls- 4 (also a Feb baby!) and 20 months. I had one loss a few months ago. Cautiously and excitedly awaiting this little one!  
Thanks Mamas! We are so excited. It is still sinking in. We will wait several weeks to share with the girls I think. Although , I could do it. SHe sometimes I think I might burst with the news. Fiona talked about the baby in my belly the day before I even tested. Sort of weird.  I also talked to my Dr today about progesterone. She said if I wanted it she could do it. IF I wanted to get tested today that she could get me in. My first appointment is July 1st. I decided to...
Hi Mamas! I need your help. Your good thoughts, good vibes, prayers... whatever you've got. I just got a BFP (!!!!) and I just need this to be a sticky baby. I actually have already felt some symptoms which I will take as a good sign. With the miscarriage I just didn't feel anything. But a few moments of queezy here and there, noticing I didn't want to finish a beer, coffee cups left undrunk, falling asleep at 8:00 with the kids a couple nights in a row... Made me decide...
Oh how I would love a meet up! Lots going on here Mama's! Mal- Way to spice it up for sure! Glad you had fun! :) Courtney- Oh Mama. So so hard. You are such an awesome Mama. Really and truly. SO sorry things are so rough right now. I like the idea of you and DH getting away for a night. Do you think you could pull that off? Or even and afternoon to go hiking somewhere? I think a quiet place with just the two of you would be good. Thinking a lot about you...
Everr: Hope the first couple of days have gone well with the new job! Mal; It sounds like you are on the way home from a fab vacation! I honestly would not know what to do with myself being away from the kids that long! I hope you come home rested! DH is applying for another job in Coeur d'Lane, Idaho. He also has his interview for the OR job next week. Hoping something comes of one of these! It's a little hard being so in flux with life right now! I like planning...
Have a fantastic trip Mal! The job in WA just got canceled due to budget cuts. Thank you sequestration! Hoping the interview goes well for the job in Newport, OR. 2 weeks away.  
Glad to hear that things are going well Erin! I'm so amazed by Katmai's hiking abilities!! 7 miles is awesome! So cool that Starling and Everr got to meet up! Yeah! Do we get to see any pictures? Courtney- So awesome on your grades. I am so impressed with you mama's that balance school and family life. Really- you are amazing! Cindy- so much travel! Hope you are feeling better by the trip to see the IL's.  AFU- waiting waiting waiting. DH did get an interview...
No solo playdates here. I don't trust other people to understand her allergies- even when I pack her own food. I pretty much don't leave them with anyone besides DH or my mom and sister on the rare occasion she is here or we are there. No word on jobs yet. In a way it is a good sign- they didn't throw out his app right away. It has been over 2 weeks since the closing dates on both gigs. Crossing fingers and waiting, waiting, waiting!   And I wanted to share this...