or Connect

Posts by AKislandgirl

Now I want scones!   Sleep: not much better. I don't know what to do about it anymore. I really thought that by 4 she would be sleeping better. I did give Maeve ibuprofin the last couple of nights. She's slept much better. Glad to know this teething is the cause of her poor sleep. Yes, let us all sit down to tea! (and scones please!) So much change. Starling- what kind of business are you looking into? And Mal- sure hope you get some nibbles on the house. I sure...
Why homeschool? To meet their individual needs. To bring art and music into their lives. To include travel as curriculum. To celebrate the seasons through our education. To allow them to learn at their own pace. To allow them to follow their own interests. 
Been a little out of it lately. having lots of sleep issues here and I'm exhausted. I'm seriously up 8-10 times a night between the 2 kids. I'm at my breaking point. Told DH he had to do something to help. We are transitioning Fiona (and Papa) to another room. She did one night this weekend. We'll do the whole upcoming weekend and add days slowly until she is there most/all nights. She still wakes up 1-5 times a night. I can't deal anymore. Maeve has been teething molars...
Starling: I vote for your move! Let me know if they have a fisheries job and we'll move next door. Homeschool support group! Seriously, it sounds like it is where your heart is. I think you should make the move. Let us know when you decide.
I've got to get that book! It's been on my list for a while. Once we recover financially from Christmas and buying a 1/3 of a buffalo I can buy it. Our freezer is full though- just not our bank account! It's a lot of money upfront but actually costs less then half of what we get buffalo burger for in the store. And F can eat it (she can't eat beef or pork) which is of course the biggest plus. Local, grass fed...win! Love the play space Cindy! We recently put up a...
My whole family got the flu! The girls were mostly over it by Christmas but DH and I were not. We somehow managed topull it off though! Phew! Pretty lazy days for us as we recoup and try to put our disaster of a house back together. The laundry mountain is looking more like rolling hills so I guess we are making progress. I can't remember being that sick though- I lost 12 pounds. Pretty awful. And having to take care of the kids on top of it was pretty intense. Honestly,...
I've found myself lost in the what ifs as well. Simply terrifying and unbearable to think about. I had a horrible dream last night that I couldn't find Maeve anywhere and woke up feeling so upset and thinking about all of those families. Of course she was with me, glued to my side in fact, where she always sleeps. And I feel so blessed and lucky to have these girls. I could use all of your good thoughts, vibes, crossed fingers- whatever you've got! Dh is applying to 2...
F's pictures are coming together though they often need some explanation. I'll have to find one to share here. She can form about half of the letters on her own. I'll write someone's name on a scrap of paper and she'll do it on her own paper. Certain letters are harder for her.   Cargo bike?! I want to see a picture Erin! Glad you are home and in your own space!   yeah Owyn! So cool to see the growing!  Polar Express- i was thinking about watching this with F....
Courtney: I'm glad things are looking up and you are feeling more at peace. Christmas doesn't have to be about the gifts anyway. Christmas movies, homemade ornaments, singing, hot cocoa... lots of fun to be had there!   I recently came across this idea which I think I'm going to try to do for Fiona- trying to decide if I want to do them as "story stones" or to make up a weather station. I think they'd be fun in a stocking...  http://pinterest.com/queenmetz/story-stones/
FYI the amazon.com deal of the day is the entire DVD collection of the Magic School Bus show (52 episodes) for $26.99 and it qualifies for super saver shipping. I think its only today. I just bought for F's birthday! :)