or Connect

Posts by AKislandgirl

Erin- have to laugh at L's cries for the nipple! :) And K is right- the English language doesn't always make sense! I think this is one of those "awesome skill to have but difficult to parent" situations! Totally want to see the documentary!    Starling: Just read your blog post. Good luck heading back to work. It is awesome that you have your mom one day a week. i like what you said about slowing down and saying no to fun things. We need to do that to. Not because...
Mal: that is awesome! Sounds fabulous! We need more people like you in our school!!   Courtney: My parents 50th wedding anniversary was a huge party and a huge success. It was a potluck!   OT for Fiona today. She is stoked!
Hi Mamas. I finally found out the original occupational therapist I called for Fiona had some major health issue and can't practice for a while. So we found someone else here in town. She is awesome! Fiona had her evaluation yesterday. The lady knows her stuff and has an incredible therapy room. Fiona loved it! She indeed has sensory issues. I'm feeling really relieved to have some help with this. We will start going to therapy one time a week. I'm really hoping this is...
So glad you got the eval Courtney!    I've been cooped up with sick kids for 2 weeks. I'm going batty! They are finally on the mend though. We are heading to a babywearing meeting this morning. I am very much look forward to it. I can't wait to see and talk to other adults! LOL!
ooh Cindy! Exciting! Keep us posted! I hope she stays in for another week! :) Lots of heathy labor vibes coming your way lady! 
Nilla- Sounds like the right thing was done with having your mom move out. I'm sure its still hard though.    Erin- Sounds like a busy season for sure. So great that your garden produced so much this year! Nice work! And woo hoo! You got the manuscript off.    Mal_ Crossing fingers for you! That is so awesome. I can't wait to see pics! :)   AFU- First frost today. DH finally replaced the bedroom windows on our house yesterday. The windows have only been in...
So glad Makenna's first day went so well! And Cindy! You are so close!!!   Fall is here in full force. Darker and cooler. We've had some lovely crisp clear days. I really love fall. I think I would love it more if I had an actual summer before it though!   I'm shopping for a winter coat for Fiona for the first time ever. She has always had wonderful, warm hand me down jackets. The well ran dry in that department! Ha! I'm actually having some fun picking out...
Nilla, You are certainly in a tough spot with your mom living with you. I hope you are able to figure out childcare soon.   Mal: That would bug me too. How lame!   I've called the occupational therapist 3 times and haven't heard back from her. Today her message was changed to say that she is taking some time off and won't be able to see patients until the end of September. I did ask her to please call me so I can at least get on her calendar for the end of next...
Oh Starling, that is so horrible. I'm sorry you had to make that choice. But you made the right choice, imo. Your mother can still come visit but you don't have to expose them to your step dad. Hug Mama!
Cindy- thanks for that link! Looks awesome.