or Connect

Posts by AKislandgirl

Aww,first day of school! I hope she loved it Mal! Sounds like you made the right decision on the house. I know how it is though when you start to picture being in the new place.   Starling: What is the plan for childcare for your kids? Do you have to go back full time? It sounds so hard. I would be having a really hard time too. Good luck Mama!   Courtney: Going back to school! So cool. You are going to rock as a midwife!!   Cindy: Looking forward to...
No preschool here but I did order some sandpaper letters and numbers today from an etsy site!    Tantrums- yes! We have them a lot. I'm too tired to contribute more to that topic. :)   I've called the OT twice. Maybe she is out of town or something. I just want to get on with it and get her in there to see what she thinks.    DH is home! He called this morning. They are busy unloading gear so we won't see him until tonight but I'm so glad! No more field work...
oh Erin! I'm so glad he is ok and on his way home. How terrifying. I always worry about DH when he is away on the boat.   Nilla: that is interesting about symptoms getting worse when an allergen is taken away. The timing is the same- this started right when we took the corn out. Her skin is slowly improving too so we may be on to something with the corn. ugh! She slept really well last night, thank god! The night before was a doozy with Maeve being up a million times...
She is eating lots of fruit and berries- hmm. Also super thirsty. Like she wanted to drink 3 glasses of water this morning. Crap, i don't know. I will call on Monday to make an appointment. If anything to ease my mind. Can't this kid catch a break?!  The dr we saw that suspected yeast (although didn't swab at all) said to keep an eye because frequent yeast infections can also be a sign of diabetes.   Relationships: I know that part of my problem is that I'm...
Should I be worried about this? Fiona has been peeing so much lately. In the last week its like she has to go all the time- no real increase in lyquid, she has always been a big water drinker. Last night I had to take her in the middle of the night for the first time of her life and the other night she had to get out of the tub 3 times to pee! (probably in there about an hour- the girl loves a long soak). Earlier this summer we had her tested for a UTI because she...
I love the name Rose! And Althea- when I was pregnant with Fiona my brother "gave" me that name. As in - he loved it but didn't end up using it with either of his girls so thought I should! LOL! I think Althea Rose would be beautiful.    DH is gone for the week. Last trip for the season! Thank god- I'm ready to have him around. We've had lots of talks lately about keeping our sanity and working on our relationship. It needs work. In an odd way I think part of what...
woo wee, that is purple bathroom! Looks like a great place.I love the window off of the kitchen and the great fireplace! I'm in total shock that a 3 bedroom home on 8 acres is overpriced at $149,500! We have a 2 bed with no acreage- no garage even, it was converted to storage/mudroom that was recently appraised for (are you ready...) $240,000! We need to move!    Cindy! That baby will be here so soon! I can't remember- have you picked a name?
Mal: Good luck! Sounds like you guys could turn it into an amazing place. Is there a real estate listing we could peak at?! And I hope your class fills up. It must be stressful to think about what will happen in the coming year. At least you have this years contract. I hope they don't shift you into a position doing something else.   We went to a music class today for the first time in months. We really love it and Fiona has been going since she was about 10 months...
Thursday: I remember when you guys discovered all of that mold. What a nightmare! Looks like you are having a great trip. Hope baby comes soon!   Play: DH plays with Fiona a lot more then I do. They dress up like dragons and roar and "fly" through the house. We dressed up like queens the other day but I was doing dishes while I did! I mostly am just around while she plays and sometimes start building towers or legos or playdough and then let her finish on her own....
Everr: Totally sucks. I'm sorry things didn't work out.   Here to share a deal.... If you join the Squirmie worm you can get in on co-op/group buy deals.  They have a group buy going for Mama Made Them right now which has some awesome stuff. Prices are really good- 40% off most items and 25% for the bigger things like garage, kitchen, nativity... I just ordered some stuff for Christmas. We got some things last year too and they are great quality and a lot of fun....