or Connect

Posts by kryztuh

Thanks everyone for sharing your situations.  It definitely helps.  I am feeling a lot better about the situation since BF and I have had many long talks about it.  He is super excited but nervous.  He understands why I feel the way I do and his mantra to me has been that everything is going to be fine, which is finally starting to sink in.   I also feel non-traditional in many ways, but having a baby without being married still feels weird to me.  Like snozzberry...
So the title pretty much sums it up for me.   I just can't seem to get myself excited for this pregnancy.  I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old from a previous marriage.  Ex rolled out when I was pregnant with my second, and I've been dating BF for over a year.  We've talked about living together so this pregnancy has accelerated the move.  But basically, I was happy with the way things were and am really scared about how things will turn out.  Plus I think I have a lot...
You sound completely exhausted and burnt out.  I've been there too, and dealing with a completely uncooperative ex.  Antidepressents made a difference for me.  Just a small dose completely helped with my intense anger and frustration.  Maybe it's worth a shot for you.  Good luck mama.
My good friend had a successful VBAC with the midwives practice at Upper Chesapeake last January.  She was very happy with the midwives, but had issues that required involvement from the nursery/NICU.  It was a disaster.    Also, if you refuse to get out of the tub, I have heard that they just drain it.  You probably also won't be allowed in the tub if your water breaks and there's any meconium.  Good luck!
Ex had no say in our second child's name, since he ran off before DD was born. I gave DD his last name and thought that was enough. I gave her my maiden name as her middle name. I did tell Ex DD's name before I told anyone else. I thought that was courtesy enough.
How do you deal with differences in parenting when your ex refuses to communicate or take your concerns seriously?  I realize I have very little control over how ex parents, but there are a few safety issues I'm concerned about with the summer here.  I am now doubting whether these are serious enough issues to pursue (which will definately create more animosity in an already difficult pending custody/divorce case).  I don't want to be seen in a negative light by the...
I would pack all of his stuff in garbage bags (not very neatly either) and take over as much as will fit in your car when you drop of the kids, each time, until it's gone.  Then he won't keep asking you to bring things over randomly, and you'll have your space back.  Whether you put the stuff on the porch and wait for him to pickup, which he never will, take the stuff to goodwill, or put the stuff in your car, it's still work for you. 
I would not invite him to attend your appointments. My soon to be ex STBX left when I was 5 months pregnant with our second.  He also called me lazy when I was pregnant, with the flu, because I wouldn't get up and change poopy diapers, etc, and I was working full time and caring for the toddler when at home.  He also insisted partway through that he wanted to be at MW appointments for my homebirth (that he disagreed with), that I was refusing to let him be a part of the...
I'm in the thick of discovery, mainly because EX filed a countercomplaint for alimony and 50/50 physical custody (to reduce his child support obligation).  It is exhausting.  My attorney just filed a second round of discovery pertaining to his assets and his girlfriend.  It's not like we have millions in assets.    While I take the time to document and answer each interrogatory completely and actually provide the documents he requests, he ignores his questions or...
Hugs mama. My STBX walked out when I was 5 months pregnant with #2, and we also have two big, very messy dogs. It was not easy. But you will get through it.  STBX said he wanted to work out an agreement amongst ourselves and I wasted months and months doing that and voluntary mediation to avoid going to court.    If I could do it again, I would have just filed for custody and child support right after he left. As it is, he's been gone almost 10 months and we don't...