or Connect

Posts by kryztuh

I don't think a tetanus booster at this time will prevent tetanus in the existing puncture wound. If you are concerned about the current wound, you can get the Tig from the hospital, it's an immunglobulin, although it may even be too late for that. A vaccine has to be given prior to the wound in order to mount an appropriate response in the immune system. At least that is my understanding...
I am in Maryland as well and planning a homebirth. I can give you some contact information regarding homebirth midwives in the area, although they tend to fill up kind of quickly. I don't think becasue GD risked you out of birth center, our HB MWs will necessarily risk you out. I think it would be great to talk to some HB MWs and see what their take is on the birth centers risking out. Are you with SB or BAM, or into DC? I've heard that SB has become more more...
If you like animals and think you could handle the care and lifetime (10-15 year committment), you might consider getting a dog (I would say get a rescue dog over a year, no potting training, no teething, and you can usually get a lot of details about the animals personality and they usually do basic training as well). It also sounds like your DS likes animals. Depending on his age and level of responsibility, he may enjoy caring for an animal. Not that a dog is a...
I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to reply and for the support. I think I will not bring it up with H and if he does bring it up again, which I don't expect again for another month or two, I will just keep it vague and leave my options open. Sometimes it's hard to know if I'm being unreasonable or what with all of the hormones and anger/hurt/resentment and with the stuff H says, he makes it sound like I'm crazy sometimes. A little validation that he...
H moved out a few months ago and wants a divorce. I'm about 7 months pregnant now and have really conflicting feelings about his role in labor and delivery. I was planning a homebirth before he split and am going forward with it. We did bradley classes last pregnancy and he did a decent job as a coach. He told me last week that he expected to be an "awesome labor coach" again with this birth, like last time. I was floored..huh?? He regularly asks how the baby is...
I saw Tracy Ball for my last pregnancy and this one as well. She's good and I've never had a problem with her calling me back, hopefully it was just a fluke! She does have odd office hours, but she has a young kiddo and has a second office somewhere else as well.
I delivered at Mercy with a MW at the end of 2008. My MW cleared me to leave Mercy after 24 hours and put in the discharge paperwork. However, actually getting discharged in 24 hours was a CHALLENGE. The ped staff was terrible in my opinion, tried to bully me into staying longer threatening that DS would have to stay but I could go (apgar's great, nothing wrong with him!). And also were very snarky about the vit. K, in front of visitors during visiting hours! I kindly...
So since you have done the agreement on your own, will you just file that for the divorce yourself? I think you said you have a lawyer. Did they make the agreement "legal" and file it for you?
H has been moved out for over a month and told me he wants a divorce. I am due with child #2 in September and it's been difficult having him give up on our marriage. I went back to see our marriage counselor by myself when this happened. She gave me information on a highly recommended mediation/lawyer who does a package deal with orientation, a couple sessions, will go over premarital property calculations, etc., drafts the seperation agreement, and then will file the...
I'll add that I used my boppy when I was in the hospital with DS. They are so small as newborns and the boppy helped to keep DS up close to the breast when I was tired. I also brought a small fleece throw blanket that I used instead of the hospital blanket and I loved it.