or Connect

Posts by mild_adventurer

Quote: Originally Posted by mum21andtwins She sounds bored and frustrated. If it was me I'd tell hubby that I need sleep this week I will go to bed at 9.30 every evening to catch up. if I catch up I'd love to have some adult time again next week. It is unfair to your dc to be tired an unable to provide her needs. up until the twins where 8 months I'd go to bed at 8 every night. my husband could understand it wasn't permanet whereas my eldest couldn't. I...
When DD2 was 4 years old, she went through a phase where she turned her nose up at everything I cooked for dinner. Even things she previously "liked." These were her options: 1. Eat what Mom cooked. 2. Eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich. 3. Don't eat. She ate peanut butter and banana sandwiches for 3 months straight and now she pretty much eats everything I cook, even stuff that "looks weird." (She's 8 years old now.) We have four kids with wildly...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaKickyPants I'm not here yet, as my DS is only 17 mos, but I'm preparing!! I guess I'd ask you what you propose to do to _stop_ the tantrums, if you decide that's the way to go? My impression from the few that DS has had, and the reading that I've done, there really isn't a way to stop them, at least nothing I'd be comfortable with! I think teaching your little one that it's okay to express strong emotions is good, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by mild_adventurer For what it's worth, before DH and I got married, his ex-wife came over on Christmas morning (sometimes even spent the night on Christmas Eve) so that she could see the kids open their gifts on Christmas morning. Once we married, that ended. We alternate years with the Christmas Eve/Christmas Mrning and Switch At Noon/Christmas Dinner arragement. The kids are fine. They've always been fine. They've...
Quote: Originally Posted by plunky This carries the large assumption that Mom told now-DH that this tradition, that makes sense for an unmarried woman, would remain intact after marriage. From the tone of the OP, I don't think it's the case. For what it's worth, before DH and I got married, his ex-wife came over on Christmas morning (sometimes even spent the night on Christmas Eve) so that she could see the kids open their gifts on Christmas...
:t humb YIPPEE!!! Beautiful! Congratulations!
A million gazillion bajillion hugs to you. DH is the one who has been there for DSD and DSS from the day they were born, never wavering, always present, jumping into the role of full-time single Dad when the kids' mom couldn't swing parenting. And yet, when DSD talks to her mom on the phone, it sounds like she's talking to her very best girlfried. When she talks to her Dad, it's always with a bored, irritated tone of voice. With DSS, everytime he's angry at his...
Quote: Originally Posted by Megamum2008 I'm going to keep this brief as I'm at school right now and have to go pick DS up from daycare, but here it is, we got a message from DSDs' (who lives with us fulltime) school yesterday saying she was absent from 3rd period. What is the natural consequence here? We are always telling her she can have all kinds of frteedoms as long as she puts in her best effort at school. She just started high school this year,...
So, I was going to post some diatribe about how uncomfortable/unhealthy it would be for everyone in our families to pretend that pictures of the kids with their divorced, biological parents is somehow natural and normal. Personally, my stomach does flip-flops at the the mere thought of DH, DSS, DSD and the ex-wife taking one big happy family picture together at this point in our lives. Blech. But then I remembered: At my wedding, I insisted on taking a picture of...
Agreed that you should have been consulted before "Twilight" was shown to your daughter. My 10 year old DD and 12 year old DSD both were allowed to see it and loved it, however. In fact, DD found the movie less scary than the book! She finished the first book but decided not to go on to the others. Very mature decision, I thought. She hasn't been "traumatized" by anything in the "Twilight" story (book or movie). That said, I still get into arguements with my...