or Connect

Posts by doublyblessed

well i thought i'd be radically unschoolin' my dd but upon considering HER needs & truly, my own sanity... but...she will most likely be accepted this year at our local democratic/sudbury model magnet school (free aka lottery based...in our public school system). i actually feel hopeful relieved & excited for us. we'd have a more active, more frequent community of families and teachers aka 'facilitators'... i love how the 'teachers' are more like guides & how the...
i believe dayna martin's book, radical unschooling: a revolution has begun is going into a few different languages..... Quote: Originally Posted by mum21andtwins Are there any books that explain unschooling in Dutch? I have looked around but can't find anything I doubt there is anything in dutch since hs is pretty uncommon. I'd like to find something in dutch for my parents, my mum speaks english almost fluently but my stepdad...
my almost 7yo dd follows me a lot too when i need space to calm down. i also am short fused. it sucks. i have all these skills yet sometimes in the moment when she is NOT stopping something like talking rude, being mean (to me or herfriends...),etc. drives me up the WALL. she's been doing this not stopping thing since about 3yo. she just won't quit. or she defies what i told her not to do...ie. stop playing so rough w/ a kid in the pool or stop jumping on the floor as we...
he wouldn't understand that, unfortunately. he doesn't know what chemicals are...he is 20 mos. old. he doesn't 'talk' much...more sounds/whining trying to communicate...which he does well. he's smart as a whip, though. i'll just keep telling him mama can't...i'm sorry...i love you...try other things like dancing slow (which put him to sleep last night, actually...i was astonished!) when he was so sad i wouldn't let him nurse... he woke a few times last night (many,...
my dr's never seem interested or willing to even LOOK thru hale's book. i have it. 2008 version. i am on an L3 now that they probably woulnd'nt have put me on had i not gone to a private nurse practitioner who specializes in mood disorders...she put me on lamictal. the shrink at county mental health wouldn't...then again, that was when my son was an infant. even so, i want/need something else for this. i can't continue like this. not sure what dr. around here would even...
i have to wean my son for my own mental health...i need to go on some different medications as i'm really struggling w/ mania (the agitated/rageful kind) and severe depressive episodes. it is an every day thing w/ the mania. my daughter is suffering as much of it is expressed at her (and myself) and my son suffers hearing/seeing us fighting/crying. i have put this off long enough and need to humble myself in a HUGE way and accept that he's hurting more (as is my daughter)...
i just gotta do it. enough of the self absorption. (as he pulls on my shirt to get at mommy milk...ugh.) when do i start? he is not ready. he wants mama milk. i want to nurse him but i can't. i have to try other meds and can't go on some of them to see if they even would help me (i mostly struggle w/ mania, the agitated, rageful kind, and severe depression). my daughter has suffered long enough w/ me behaving like a monster towards her at times...how i have justified...
thank you, mamas. yes, i do suffer from low self esteem. in fact today i downright felt extreme self loathing. this is a scary dark place for me but it happens especially when i feel unwanted by others...men (rela's in past, especially my 2 kids bio fathers...yes, that is plural) and women friendships... i CAN be selfish. i need to really check myself on this one...most of it is private and no one really knows about my dilemma w/ taking care of my mental...
ok. i totally believe in the LOA. i am a metaphysical girl myself. but...something i have noticed in those applying the LOA to their whole lives (ie. tony robbins' followers, the secret followers, abraham-hicks followers...) is this: many of these mamas (i'm just talking about other women in this thread) become self-righteous. all of a sudden they say i'm selfish, not reciprocating friendship (ie. back in late 2001, i was newly pregnant, newly dumped by the father of baby,...
have any of you had experience w/ this and scoliosis w/ your own dc or yourselves/LO's? my dd has it. i cannot afford chiro or massage for her. i don't know what to do... its pretty extreme. its downright creepy when she stands a certain way sometimes... any input/advice? the pedi said she is fine. pfff. yeah right. i KNOW something is wrong. i had her looked at by one chiro for free eval and she said yes, something is up. dd's spine starts to curve to the left as it...