or Connect

Posts by elismum1908

Another plug for Paul Anastasio - he helped to get my baby from transverse into head down position at 36/37 weeks. Louise Bastarche was my midwife and she and I talked about me seeing Dr. Tripp if chiropractic didn't work. I am so glad it did! Good luck!!!
Hello All! I just found this thread. My daughter is 6 weeks old. I had a wonderful birth and she is great but it's been very different this time around- I have a 2.5 year old son and I am finding it hard to split myself and move between their different needs. At any rate, I am glad to have others to connect with who are in the throws of newborn-ness, or have been there recently and may remember the struggles.
We are also in the midst of the evening crying sessions. I just bought two "Little Tummys" products- gas drop and gripe water. Tried the gas drop last night and it seemed to make a huge difference, but there was still a little crying and Willow was hard to settle to sleep. I am going to try the gripe water tonight...also thinking I need to eliminate dairy and see if it helps.
I just wanted to add that you need to be sure you get the right formula of Robitussin if you are going to do it. Buy the plain kind with no letters after it. The only active ingredient is guaifenesin. It is very important to avoid the versions that contain decongestants as those may dry up cervical mucus. Best of luck!
I've been having the period like cramps for a few weeks. This weekend they woke me and I was actually having them every 6 mins. for about two hours. My midwife has said it's my body getting ready and also helps to thin the cervix. But the tightening you described up high in you uterus, after a long day, that went away after drinking water sounds a lot like BH contractions - which get worse with dehydration.
If it were me, I'd buy them. When I *finally* got pregnant with our son we bought what was left of our retired donor, which meant we had 5 vials in storage. It took several years and too many donors to get pregnant the first time, so I wasn't feeling too optimistic about only having five vials. The second time around we were super lucky and got pregnant on the first try, using two vials (two IUIs over two days). Our family is complete with two children, but the...
Popping back in to say hi...it's been a while. Nice to see so many new ! I am in the home stretch and the exhaustion is setting in. I had DS at 37 weeks and if this baby is ready I'd love to go at 37 again! I am so done with being pregnant. It's hard to think I have 3-8 weeks left. I am loading up on RRL tea and will start EPO in two weeks.
After relocating when DS was 3.5 months I started attending a local chapter of Holistic Moms group, and that is where I met the majority of my current friends. I have met some on the play ground and play group/library story hours. I am an introvert but I find having a kid helps to provide a common ground to start a conversation. But you do have to put yourself out there.
I had my son while living in Western MA and could not have been happier with the Holyoke midwives and Holyoke Hospital. The nurses were awesome and a lesbian midwife attended my son's birth. Since then I have moved and am seeing Louise in Wareham for this pregnancy. She and her staff have been very supportive and friendly. DW and I toured Tobey Hospital and the staff was welcoming and didn't seem to bat an eyelash at us being a lesbian couple. ETA: I agree, about getting...
We lived in Amherst when our son was born and we saw Dr. Wong at Amherst Pediatrics. She was very supportive of alternative/selective/delayed vax schedules and was overall an awesome pediatrician. We also loved that they were open 7 days a week and had a nurse call line 24 hours a day. Everyone there was great...miss them terribly now!!