or Connect

Posts by cabbitdancer

So, I woke up way early this morning, with low blood sugars, couldn't get back to sleep, so decided to go for a walk. I wound up with a delightful omelet, a pumpkin spice donut (or two  ) and a pumpkin spice latte out of the bargain, so hey! I can't complain too much! ;)   My mom called me, DRUNK, the other night, and told me that I HAD to find out the gender of this baby, because his life might depend on it, if he's a boy!! (My great aunt had two sons with Duchennes...
My daughter's name is Olli. I love the name (obviously, since I picked it! ;) ) but it is mistaken for Holly or Molly all the time, especially since it is so uncommon. I'd considered giving her something longer, so that it wasn't a name based on a nickname, even though the alternate spelling Ollie was actually a popular girl's name around the 1890s, but then I realized that the name I *liked* was the nickname, so what was the point of giving her something else?...
The circ issue, if nothing else, would push me to want to know, ASAP. I'm sorry you have to go through that debate with your DP. What's wrong with waiting until the kid is old enough to make that decision for himself? (and, idk, to be allowed proper anesthetic?) You already have enough stress with twins on the way, without having to verbally duke that one out.   If your family/friends are anything like mine, you probably won't have a problem when it comes to clothes,...
Neato! That would work perfectly! Now, if I can just get my butt in gear and get things done! I know Target has some long-sleeved tees for about $8. I was thinking of picking one of those up, but maybe I'll use one of my older shirts, instead.   I was hoping to do a Fairly Odd Parents theme, this year. My daughter was all for being Timmy, too... until we showed her the original Star Wars trilogy and it was all over. XD Maybe next year, and baby Bun can be Poof.
maydaymom10, I was thinking of picking up one of those skelly things, but I think it's probably too late to get one, at this point. I was considering grabbing myself a black tee and some glow in the dark fabric paint and just drawing it on, myself. My artistic skills aren't so insignificant that I couldn't pull it off, but my energy levels are so badly shot, it's hard for me to even get work done on my daughter's costume. :P
Holy smokes! That IS some surprising news! I have a friend who had twins about two years ago, with a toddler, and I remember how horrified she was, but she and her husband (and son) managed to adjust rather well. It's hard, but in some ways, it can be worth it. I'm afraid of a (repeat) cesarean, too, so I don't blame you. I hope things turn out as needed to give you a happy and healthy mama as well as babies.
Melany, I would be getting a second opinion, too, if you can afford it. If he's never had a seizure before, and the tests are inconclusive, it seems like she's really jumping the gun on this one.   Congratulations, Chapsie! Hopefully, you can feel better enough to really enjoy it, soon!   Linnaea, I love it when they're willing to go for the more original ideas! My daughter has been a purple dragon and a superhero princess fox, the two years she's really been old...
Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering just thinking about that recipe, babytoes! Yum!
Darnit! All this talk about sushi and I want some, again!   I had a wretched night, last night. Still, I actually remember one of my dreams, which is surprising because I have been sleeping deeply enough, when I do sleep, that I don't typically recall anything. And, of course, I dreamed that my baby had been born, at home, was happy, healthy and a girl... for whom we had no name picked. This is the second time this pregnancy that I've dreamed about this Bun being a...
Awww! Baby does looks like he/she is blowing bubbles! How adorable!