or Connect

Posts by Juice23

I do not at all blame my parents for the emotional issues that I am dealing with. I think it is interesting that I am not allowed to judge other women's choices about c-section or vaginal births, but my thoughts about how the way a baby is birthed are allowed to be judged. It is interesting what a double standard there is. I was not meaning to pass any kind of judgment about c-sections, I was merely trying to point out that our choices do affect other people-including our...
Support directly after birth and throughout life. My mom did attachment parenting with me, but my emotional scars were due to my c-section and that feeling of abandonment that arose from being "ripped" from my mother's body/uterus. I posted my original post to give women a view of what emotional issues babies often go through due to the traumas of birth-vaginal and c-section. I merely wanted to allow women to see what can happen emotionally for a baby (both immediate...
Unfortunately, I think everyone missed my point. I am NOT making any assumptions about whether anyone's personal reasons for having c-sections are right or wrong. Based on some of the posts I have read on the other threads, it is apparent to me that some of the women here (and I am not singling anyone out-they are just women who have posted) have made decisions based on what their docs have told them, seem to be unhappy about it, but don't know what else to do about it,...
Thank you for the welcomes. I'm not saying that c-sections put women into powerless roles. All types of births can leave women feeling powerless if they are uninformed or miseducated. It is too bad that medical professionals fail to really inform women on what their choices are, often forcing them to make choices based on what the Doc thinks is right, not what SHE wants or thinks is right. This is how they are powerless. I have not considered doing a re-birth (not...
I've been reading all the posts about emergency and elective c-sections, and I have really been upset by a lot of the choices being made. Most of the mothers are afraid of having VBACs b/c of the minimal risk of uterine rupture or b/c their Docs tell them they can't have a vaginal birth with any subsequent children. It really is a shame that women have been frightened into such powerless roles. I am writing this post because I was a baby taken by C-section. My mom...