or Connect

Posts by Tangled Hill

Ooh - let us know how it is!  Of her three books, this new one is the one I'm most drawn to.  Looks absolutely lovely!
Ooh, these are great!  I read Soulemama.com and lovelovelove it.  :o)
I'm here.  Haven't been posting too much recently, but wanted to cast my vote for hairy-ness.    Shaving?  Blech.
I love the ease of homeschooling in Texas. If I could move anywhere in the US? Oregon - rocky beaches and real forests . Still, down here, the winters are generally mild, and that's nice. Also, we live in the Austin area, so we're surrounded by a lot of like-minded folks. That counts for a whole heck of a lot.
Quote: Originally Posted by jennlyn Does anyone have a link to where they discovered that all Corelle is not safe? I don't like stoneware as it is heavy and tends to chip. I went back and forth on this. I found sites that claim the white (no pattern) Corelle dishware is safe, and others that said, not so. Here's a site where some were discussing it a while back. I figured I just wasn't going to chance it. Besides, it would seem that if a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Satori Most states don't require an inspection beyond smog I think. At least not in CA Texas has very specific and weird standards when it comes to inspections. They do the normal stuff like look at the tread on your tires, check your lights, drive it around a bit, etc. But, I've had cars not pass for odd things. For instance, I had an indicator light on my dashboard that was cracked (still worked fine - just...
Just looked this up, and eek! Here's a site that's pretty informative, though not alarmist (it's actually extolling the benefits of 18/10 stainless steel cookware). Can't believe I didn't look this up earlier! The other problem with stainless steel is that it's often coated in aluminum (for even cooking). And sometimes (usually?), it doesn't state this it on the pan. That's actually why we threw ours out. We thought we had stainless and then realized we were...
Quote: Originally Posted by LizzyQ D.W.S. didn't receive all the paperwork I mailed them to reapply for FS and medicaid.. now I have to drive down there to fill everything out again My car's speedometer went out last night too. I need some good energy! Depending on how you drive and where you live, you might now need a speedometer. I went for probably ten years without one, but I'm a fairly slow driver (and the car - a 1967 bug -...
I'm also lucky (very lucky) to hit 50%. Ds and I are still doing a green smoothie every night (approx. 32 oz. each), but we're having awful financial troubles and have reverted to mostly dry beans and rice for a while. Hoping to be 90%+ soon, though!
Quote: Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy I left my purse in the car last night.....don't know how I forgot, but I did, and the doors don't lock, ad this morning it was gone. Ugh. I feel you. Had a car that didn't lock (well, didn't unlock, so we never locked it) and had my purse stolen out of it one night. I *never* left my purse in there; it was a one-time thing. Made me wonder how often people opened my car, looked around and decided...